Kill Bill trailer

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 03:02:30 PM

Mr. Mauve

i think it looks pretty badass... and the music is awesome. looks a like a tribute to the kung fu films of yore, and not another matrix steaming pile of wirework crap. and the script was pretty awesome.
The guy who was supposed to be in on the heist, but missed his train and became a car salesman.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Mr. Mauvelooks a like a tribute to the kung fu films of yore, and not another matrix steaming pile of wirework crap.

Yuen Woo Ping - Same fight choreographer for both films. So stop with The Matrix bashing. The W Brothers and QT both have an appreciation for 'kung fu films of yore'. It's when films like Charlie's Angels and Scary Movie do the 'wirework crap' that you should complain.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

I liked the Matrix moves and I completely agree with MacGuffin.  Blame Charlies Angels for overdoing bad Matrix-wannabe stunts.  Most of The Matrix stunts are well choreographed and entertaining. If anyone could set up the stunts for Kill Bill, it should be Yuen Woo Ping.

cine

I'm not annoyed when Scary Movie does it because its poking fun. But Charlies Angels isn't poking fun. They're trying to have a Matrix style. But it sucks and they fail.

Mr. Mauve

point taken. it really isnt the matrix's fault, but good lord im getting so sick of wire fu. and i didnt know yuen wo ping was doing it... should be interesting.
The guy who was supposed to be in on the heist, but missed his train and became a car salesman.

modage

just saw a "new" kill bill trailer on Entertainment Tonight.  however, it was spliced up and Leonard Maltin talked over most of it.  i love ET.  new scenes like

-Uma waking up in the hospital.  
-Uma & Vivica Fox fighting in Fox's house when a schoolbus pulls up outside, and her daughter comes in, as they stop.
-Uma fighting some girl with a heavy ball on a chain
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02-Uma fighting some girl with a heavy ball on a chain

That's Chiaki Kuriyama from "Battle Royale".

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Brand New Theatrical Trailer Here.

Windows Media Hi-Res Here.

Real Player Hi-Res Here.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gloria

I like the new trailer. We actually get to hear dialogue (not to mention "Don't let me be misunderstood" by Santa Esmaralda.)  I like the fight with Vivica A. Fox.

Cecil

i didnt get an erection, but i shouldve

Alethia

does anyone know when it'll be available for quicktime?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ewarddoes anyone know when it'll be available for quicktime?

Here you go:

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

thank you very much, macguffin.

Pozer

MacGuffs, I know I've said it before, but can I just say...You're The Fucking Man

Duck Sauce

I cant fucking wait, its been more than a year since ive been this excited for a movie. New trailer is fucking great