INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

Kellen

I can't remember the last time Wilson was in something decent.

Frederico Fellini

Glad to see him upgrade..... Anderson-wise.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

modage

Update: We have spoken with a source close to production who informs us that Wilson will be playing the character of Coy Harlingen, a surf-saxophone player for a band called The Boards. In the book, Coy was rumored to be dead of a heroin over-dose but is indeed a central character that appears throughout the entire story.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com/2013/05/owen-wilson-in-talks-for-inherent-vice.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ElPandaRoyal

If I'm not mistaken, Owen said a few times that Punch-Drunk Love was a huge inspiration to him and made him want to get back to writing, so this is great, I'm sure he'll give it his best working for a director he admires so much, and I'm sure Paul will work wonders with him. Very nice.
Si

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

wow. Owen Wilson under the tutelage of a director known to get the most visceral performances out of his cast. I suddenly feel loopy with interest.

Sleepless

Awesome. This more than cancels out the 50 Shades of Grey news. This is getting more exciting every time there's news!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Derek

Hasn't Elswit just started shooting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? And he is still scheduled to shoot Vice later this month? I'm not 100% certain I'm correct on these schedules, but if true, how is it possible?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

jenkins

didn't know what you were talking about so i looked it up. elswit is shooting tmnt, which is called tmnt, and is being directed by jonathan liebesman. liebesman wtf, right, but he's south african so that's chill. gavin hood, the ender's game director, is also from south africa, and i'm sure everyone is aware that neil blomkamp is from south africa. fun to see that country doing well for itself, cinematically

idk the elswit answer

Lottery

IMDB says Lula Carvalho is handling TMNT.

jenkins

madness
first, by accident i searched "teenage mutant junkie turtles" and think that's kind of funny
second, i'm on my laptop now and lula is indeed listed. i double-checked on my phone and the imdb app still lists elswit, which i think is funky. someone would have to explain apps to me

i bet elswit switched over, and it's not even really a large question as to why he did

modage

They might have pushed IV back a bit to accommodate Elswit but I know he will be 100% shooting IV.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: Lottery on May 11, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
IMDB says Lula Carvalho is handling TMNT.

The IMDB listing literally just changed in the last few hours. I looked earlier today and it said Robert Elswit.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Derek

Quote from: modage on May 11, 2013, 06:40:23 PM
They might have pushed IV back a bit to accommodate Elswit but I know he will be 100% shooting IV.

Thanks
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Cloudy

Modage, you know if Fisk is designing/art directing for IV? For now it just says Crank is.

polkablues

Quote from: Cloudy on May 11, 2013, 10:43:51 PM
Modage, you know if Fisk is designing/art directing for IV? For now it just says Crank is.

Fisk said in his C&RV interview that he'll likely be too busy with a film that his wife, Sissy Spacek, is directing.
My house, my rules, my coffee