the most rocking songs within the last three years - list them!

Started by pete, November 19, 2007, 11:40:13 AM

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

context, context, context.

JG

RUBIES, mmm... destroyer - rubies

ooh, sunset rubdown has a few jams i would say qualify as rocking.  stadiums and shrines ii, the mending of the gown.  might not be what you mean, but y'know. 

Chest Rockwell

I've just been discovering Wilco; the opening track from A Ghost Is Born is pretty sweet, although the solo is "scripted." That's 2004.

Spoon's "Don't Make Me A Target" from Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (2007). I dunno...

It's 2003 so a little before but most of Do Make Say Think's Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn is good for rocking out. If you have a chance to see them live do so - awesome 2 hour set.

But maybe an adjective other than "rocking" is in order.

Pedro

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on November 23, 2007, 09:22:35 PM
I've just been discovering Wilco; the opening track from A Ghost Is Born is pretty sweet, although the solo is "scripted." That's 2004.
why does a solo have to be improvised to be affective?

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on November 26, 2007, 11:40:34 PM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on November 23, 2007, 09:22:35 PM
why does a solo have to be improvised to be affective?
Never said it did, I just think that's a cool aspect of the album. I don't know if pete would care.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

An impossible list...here are the songs that immediately popped up....and remember that you said rocking!

Architecture in Helsinki - It 5
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Ain't No Easy Way Out
TV On The Radio - Wolf Like Me
Interpol - Heinrich Manuever
Bloc Party - The Prayer
Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Mando Diao - Long Before Rock n' Roll
Doom Riders - Black Thunder
Nine Inch Nails - The Beginning of the End
Radio Moscow – Frustrating Sound
Louis XIV – Louis XIV
Kings of Leon – Charmer