Podcasts

Started by cron, October 31, 2005, 06:33:32 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Yes... she's the "Celia" who they talk about in that clip. The blonde lady.

The episode she's in is 4x6 - Cornered

Stefen

Quote from: 72teeth on October 08, 2011, 08:56:41 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 06, 2011, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: 72teeth on October 06, 2011, 02:22:51 PM
hope he talks about my gramma.

I meant to tell you, but they talked about your gramma in the podcast. Not even kidding.

Unfortunately, I don't think Cranston was on that podcast.

you fuckin with me?, i though i listened to the whole thing, i don't remember no gramma talk  :ponder: did i not finnish it?  :ponder: did i not start it? 

LOL.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Alec Baldwin's "Here's the thing". First guest, Michael Douglas. Too short though, could've been an hour.

Does anyone know a good documentary podcasts to download? Thanks.

Jeremy Blackman

OMG

Extra credit goes to anyone (except the obvious people... no cheating!) who knows who this guy really is.

mogwai

polkablues

I was wondering what Greg's been up to.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Is he still selling cigarettes?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

wow. haha, great find.

he's lost weight. good for him.

must be from all the cigarettes.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

I don't remember him being fat. Wow, I didn't know you could lose weight by eating cigarettes. :ponder:

Pozer

"I was gonna keep PTA's site over CamCrowe's,
Quote from: Pubrick on December 03, 2011, 04:49:10 AM
but then i got high.."

Jeremy Blackman

My favorite new podcast discovery:

Judge John Hodgman

(But Pop Culture Happy Hour is still better.)

Jeremy Blackman

I've only listened to one or two episodes, but Filmspotting is good. A bit super-serious for my taste and very long, but still good.

"KCRW's Film Reviews" is good. It's Joe Morgenstern, who was one of the biggest champions of Magnolia. They're just short capsule review podcasts, but he's good.

I guess I prefer hearing about movies within pop culture podcasts, like Pop Culture Happy Hour (have I mentioned that podcast before?), Reasonable Discussions, Slate's Culture Gabfest, etc.

Jeremy Blackman

Jeremy Blackman

I came up with a list of my current 10 favorite podcasts. I'm only including things that are podcasts only, so many of my staples like This American Life, On The Media, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me are not here, and it's unfortunate that I didn't get to list them. Also excluded are extreme niche podcasts like Breaking Pad Insider Podcast, or super short podcasts like Onion Radio News, or infrequent podcasts like International Waters.

1. Pop Culture Happy Hour
2. Judge John Hodgman
3. Slate's Culture Gabfest
4. Lexicon Valley
5. Slate's Spoiler Special
6. Reasonable Discussions
7. The Moth Podcast
8. Music Weekly
9. How To Do Everything
10. Thrilling Adventure Hour

Stefen

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on September 22, 2012, 11:10:00 PM
I came up with a list of my current 10 favorite podcasts. I'm only including things that are podcasts only, so many of my staples like This American Life, On The Media, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me are not here, and it's unfortunate that I didn't get to list them. Also excluded are extreme niche podcasts like Breaking Pad Insider Podcast, or super short podcasts like Onion Radio News, or infrequent podcasts like International Waters.

1. Pop Culture Happy Hour
2. Judge John Hodgman
3. Slate's Culture Gabfest
4. Lexicon Valley
5. Slate's Spoiler Special
6. Reasonable Discussions
7. The Moth Podcast
8. Music Weekly
9. How To Do Everything
10. Thrilling Adventure Hour

It's not THAT unfortunate that you didn't get to list them, since you pretty much listed them.

All I got is titles. What are they about? Reasonable Discussions sounds like the most boring podcast ever. "Thank you for joining us. Today we will be spending our entire hour discussing wet water." How To Do Everything? Who has time for that?

But Thrilling Adventure Hour does sound pretty exciting.