Podcasts

Started by cron, October 31, 2005, 06:33:32 PM

mogwai

Quote from: Reelist on November 05, 2013, 07:33:18 AM
How about this one, P. My ipod is loaded with about 20 different shows that I've listened to, but when I plug it into iTunes it only shows the newest ones I dl'ed. I WANT TO DELETE THE OLD ONES! Also, I dl'ed something like 5 shows yesterday and they all just disappeared. How do you figure?

That happens to me too. I guess you have to add them again when you've connected your ipod into your computer. It's very annoying when they disappear.

Jeremy Blackman

I've never experienced anything like that. It's best to just download podcasts through your iPod directly. I do that and can't remember having a problem or glitch of any kind.

Reel

I don't have one of those fancy schmancy connected-to-the-internet iPods. What do you think this is? We're not all part of the 1%, JB. Chris, that describes my problem but doesn't solve it. I really would like to get rid of those old ones though. Guess I should just sync it?

polkablues

If you set iTunes to sync unplayed episodes, it should automatically remove those old episodes from the iPod.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

Jeremy Blackman

Does anyone listen to Sound Opinions? I used to listen to every episode but gradually dropped off a year ago. Then I just tuned in for their "Best of 2013" show and literally did not hear anything I was interested in. What is happening? Is it me? I don't think it's me.

Jeremy Blackman

A favorite new podcast of mine is Wham Bam Pow. It's a humorous movie podcast, and I highly recommend it.

"Wham Bam Pow is an action/scifi moviecast. Each week, host Cameron Esposito and panelists Rhea Butcher and Ricky Carmona will terminate your boredom with movie news, interviews & watch-along film reviews. It's one show to rule them all!"

http://www.maximumfun.org/shows/wham-bam-pow

Don't expect exhaustive deconstruction like How Did This Get Made. It's a bit more relaxed and varied. I sort of wish they would spend more time on the movie of the week, but I really like their other segments. They get into movie news, the state of action & sci-fi movies in general, and even gender politics in the movies.

It's that very rare podcast in which people humorously riff on things but still run a tight ship and don't go on dumb personal tangents for an hour and a half.

Today's episode is a good one and fairly representative, so I recommend that. Except instead of reviewing a movie they review the year in movies.

wilder

The Burning Man: Post Apocalyptic Disneyland on Drugs episode of the Cracked podcast is the best thing I've ever heard

Reel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 06, 2014, 10:12:19 PM
I probably should check out more Earwolf podcasts. Maybe make a list of your favorites in the podcast thread (if you feel so inclined).

Well, my favorite is of course Who Charted? Just never not a fun show

Then, The Fogelnest Files Jake Fogelnest started a cable access show from his bedroom when he was 14 that had guests such as the Beastie Boys and the cast of 'The State', eventually it got picked up by MTV . Now he specializes in archiving the strangest things he can find on youtube and springing them on his guests to gage their reaction. It's really more of a visual show that can be seen on The Video Podcast Network but Jake explains the clips in enough detail to make you want to seek them out on your own anyway. I, Personally have never watched it.

...Yeah, besides Bang Bang those are the only two I can recommend. CBB kinda annoys me most of the time, to be honest. There's just nothing sincere about it, in fact, that episode I posted with the Bush impression is the most serious I've ever heard it get with Todd Glass and James Adomian talking about being gay in comedy, coming out and blah blah. It's a good a show, but you have to really like the guests to tolerate it at times.

Reel

Now it's y'alls turn to throw some movie related ones at me. Weekends are a drought in podcastland

Jeremy Blackman

Try Wham Bam Pow if you haven't. My description is a few posts up.

Jeremy Blackman

The latest episode of International Waters is one of its best yet. Maybe it's my personal taste or the mood I was in at the time, but it was just fantastic. Especially the final segment.

http://www.maximumfun.org/international-waters/international-waters-episode-28-kenny-g-lane

Reel

I feel like Stefon from SNL when I do this, "New York's hottest club is.."

Well, itunes funniest podcast is 'Walking The Room". It's one I've been aware of, but avoided for years until I heard Greg Behrendt on Nerdist recently. He's the co author of 'He's Just Not That Into You' and...

Wait, come back! His career fizzled out after that book and he's fully aware of the douche move on his part on trying to become a 'relationship guru'. This show isnt about that stuff at all, it's just two middle aged dudes pretending to always be at eachothers throats and the bits and catchphrases they come up with from their own complaints and observations are simply some of the funniest things I've ever heard broadcasted. Nothing's made me laugh harder than this show over the past few months.

Oh, and the other guy is Dave Anthony. He's a nobody who's been around the L.A comedy scene forever, listening to this show I wish I'd known about him sooner. He's a writer for Maron and wrote the recent episode "Mouth Cancer Gig" where Marc goes on the road and stays at a hotel with many 'shining' references. It's brilliant and you have to see it.

I started listening as I do most podcasts by searching out the guests I already like, who their best is Patton Oswalt, but as I've skimmed through older episodes I realized you really can't go wrong with this show, it doesn't date itself with topical issues because they always have such a unique spin on it . Just choose the funniest title and have at it! I needed to share this with someone

http://m.soundcloud.com/walking-the-room

Jeremy Blackman

Just tried a new podcast, Pop My Culture. I picked the Patton Oswalt episode, which seemed like the safest bet.

Strike 1 - Apparently recorded in a tin shack with barely passable microphones. Also, obviously not edited. Also, drinking while talking.

Strike 2 - The episode begins with 3 1/2 minutes of donation begging. Yes, I'm sure a new listener wants to hear that. Skipped through it.

Strike 3 - Co-host, on a tangent, describes the second half of Melancholia this way: "and then it gets all artsy fartsy."

I'm out.

polkablues

I don't know if this falls under the category of video podcast or what, but it's fantastic and funny and entertaining. I especially love the John Hodgman and Dan Harmon episodes, because I especially love John Hodgman and Dan Harmon.

My house, my rules, my coffee