Demo Jail

Started by MacGuffin, April 25, 2006, 09:37:54 AM

pete

oh c'mon, "PTA is a dramatic director"?  what about his mattress man commercials and such?  he can do broad comedy and he's done funny broad comedy before.  the punchline just wasn't good.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pedro

Pozer

modage's post was 10X funnier than the short itself.

grand theft sparrow

I don't think PTA's work can be fully appreciated unless Robert Elswit is shooting it.

Anonymous Joe

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

pumba

Hopefully Davey Spade will play Barry Egan in PDL:2  Lost in Hawaii

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on April 28, 2006, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: Anonymous Joe on April 28, 2006, 01:37:53 PM
i liked it

You're David Spade, aren't you...
worse, he was referring to the song. he's the real life demo idiot.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Quote from: Pubrick on April 25, 2006, 06:39:25 PM
since when does david spade hav a show anyway??

a few months ago, i think. be happy you've never seen it, one of the worst shows of its kind. spade's persona is barely tolerable, the jokes are jaw-droppingly bad, the interviews.. wow, just an onslaught of lameness. truly bad television for the Anonymous Joes of this world.

Anonymous Joe

well im sorry you cant enjoy this kind of high brow humor. go watch the andy milonakis show you pea brain trogladites.

Garam

Ordet

QuoteWes is the comedian, not PTA.  So it's no wonder Wes'll make the better comedic short.  Any time a dramatist tries to be funny it'll usually fall flat.  Good comedy borne out of drama always comes as a result of the interaction of characters and odd circumstances in dramatic situations, which is where PTA is right at home.  So don't get your panties all in a bunch just 'cause PTA can't make a funny short film.  It's not his schtick.

Bergman considers all his films comedies. <--------------(i dont even know why i put this)

We are a cosmic joke.

What's the punch-line?

My mother couldn't stop laughing during the frog tempest.

...eschew....

:splat:
were spinning

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Neil

You know when you like are sitting around, and you say to your friend "hey let's make a short."

I think that's what we're dealing with here, good silly fun.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pozer

That's gotta be you, Duck Sauce.