48 Hours/Another 48 Hours

Started by Myxo, June 03, 2005, 01:34:15 PM

Myxo

The sequel is much better than the original!

I watched both the other night and was a little surprised to see a great sequel.

soixante

Wow, I had a totally opposite reaction.  I've always loved the original 48 Hours, seen it a bunch of times, and I finally got around to renting Another 48 Hours, and I turned it off after about 20 minutes.  It was unwatchable.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Tryskadekafobia

To me, it's as if Eddie Murphy is doing a bad impersonation of himself in Another 48 Hours.  It's like he's constantly running on 11.  Take both of the bar scenes.  In the first one, he fucks with the rednecks.  Even though it's a comic scene, it's like any minute now this guy could take off everybody's head just for saying the wrong thing.  In the sequel, even with a gun in his hand, he's totally overplaying it.  I don't hate Another.  I'll still watch it if it comes on TV to waste some time.  But it's a real letdown compared to the first one.

grand theft sparrow

Another 48 Hrs. is like Jaws 2.  If not for the original, people would see that it's a decent (though far from classic) flick in its own right.  As it stands now, it's an inferior sequel with enough good moments in it to keep you interested.  

But honestly, what's going to compare to Eddie in the redneck bar in the first one?

Myxo

Quote from: hacksparrowAnother 48 Hrs. is like Jaws 2.  If not for the original, people would see that it's a decent (though far from classic) flick in its own right.  As it stands now, it's an inferior sequel with enough good moments in it to keep you interested.  

But honestly, what's going to compare to Eddie in the redneck bar in the first one?

I think I've got these movies confused..

Doesn't he shoot the guy in the foot during Another 48 Hours?

"Anyone else wanna limp?"

Which one does his car blow up during?

:lol:

Maybe I do have it backwards. One of them is definetly better than the other.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Quote from: hacksparrowAnother 48 Hrs. is like Jaws 2.  If not for the original, people would see that it's a decent (though far from classic) flick in its own right.  As it stands now, it's an inferior sequel with enough good moments in it to keep you interested.  

I think I've got these movies confused..

Doesn't he shoot the guy in the foot during Another 48 Hours?

"Anyone else wanna limp?"

Which one does his car blow up during?

:lol:

Maybe I do have it backwards. One of them is definetly better than the other.

Yeah, his car blows up and he shoots the guy in the foot in Another 48 Hours.