Started by Teen Wolf, October 20, 2003, 02:38:28 PM

Pas

I tought this was a lot like Lost Highway

mogwai

Quote from: Pas RapportI tought this was a lot like Lost Highway
fight club as well.

Brazoliange

both

this was the first movie in a long while to actually get me scared, and days later I still couldn't get it out of my head

:)
Long live the New Flesh

The Perineum Falcon

You scare too easy.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Ghostboy

I have very good memories of this film, because all the stupid parts faded from mind. If only it hadn't tried to be so 'twisty,' it would have been a really lovely piece of work. The last shot, which is what I remember the most, is beautiful.

picolas

i thought it was all really good except for the writing.

Finn

I thought it was good too. They did try to make it too twisty as Ghostboy said but the payoff made more sense to me than anything else would. Christian Bale is just a really good actor. I didn't think much of him as a kid like with Spielberg's "Empire of the Sun" but now he's proven himself as a talented guy.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

polkablues

Not a bad flick... not great, but interesting all the way through.  It pulled that great Kafka trick of seeming to exist outside of any real time or place, even with all the contemporary trappings.  Like David Lynch directing a Kafka screenplay of "Fight Club".

And it seems like I was the only person on earth who actually enjoyed "Session 9".  Yeah.  So that's that, then.   :oops:
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

agree with everyone else when i say it was okay, bale's appearance was extremely unsettling, the mood/atmosphere was great, the score was hermann/hitchcock-y and the twist was evident from the moment he closed his eyes to sleep.  SPOILER the only thing i wasnt sure of was whether it was 'all a dream' or 'multiple personalities'. END SPOILER  i knew this was from the dude who did Session 9 but i cant believe it was the same guy who did Next Stop Wonderland!?!  weird.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Daliang

QuoteAnd it seems like I was the only person on earth who actually enjoyed "Session 9". Yeah. So that's that, then.

No, I enjoyed Session 9 as well. So that makes two of us.  :)

*sigh*It seems like I have been waiting forever to see this movie.