minority report---pta

Started by sphinx, January 10, 2003, 10:20:58 PM

sphinx

rented minority report, and have tried to dissect the subway scene in an attempt to find pta.  he's like fucking waldo, i swear to god he isn't anywhere in the scene.  anyone else have this one on dvd?

©brad

I've tried to look for him. Even watched the movie on my friend's 65" widescreen, and still couldn't find him.

Must say, the transfer on this DVD is outstanding. I think the first 15 min./ Howard Marx sequence is the coolest first 15 minutes of any movie I have seen in a while.

Xixax

I'm pissed. I bought this for my wife for Christmas and accidentally picked up the full screen version.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Rudie Obias

why do they even bother making a full screen version for dvd?  everything (including vhs) should be in widescreen format.

*rudie*
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

bonanzataz

How come I never heard that PTA was in this scene? I knew about Crowe and Diaz. I didn't even know he and Spielberg were friends.

But then again, why would I?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

spielberg really really likes pta's work, and pta/cruise are good friends, so it does kind of make sense.  and it was mentioned multiple times on c&c

Cecil

Quote from: rudieobwhy do they even bother making a full screen version for dvd?  everything (including vhs) should be in widescreen format.

*rudie*

amen, brother... -sniff-... amen

Duck Sauce

Was it ever actually confirmed by anybody that PTA was in the movie?

caliope

this is probably old news...but i saw a 'catch me if you can' commerical the other day, and i could have swore it said that daniel lupi was a producer. i checked imdb, and i was right.

so i dunno, there's another pta/spielberg connection.

this doesn't even really answer the question about pta in minority report, but their friendship came up, so i thought i'd add this.  :?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: rudieobwhy do they even bother making a full screen version for dvd?

Blockbuster.

©brad

Quote from: XixaxI'm pissed. I bought this for my wife for Christmas and accidentally picked up the full screen version.

Return it dude. Full screen freaks me out.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4d
Quote from: XixaxI'm pissed. I bought this for my wife for Christmas and accidentally picked up the full screen version.

Return it dude. Full screen freaks me out.

Unless its Kubrick. And they still make full screens because many people without widescreen tvs hate black bars.

EDIT: needed to clarify

©brad

Rudie Obias

Quote from: Duck Sauce

Unless its Kubrick. And they still make full screens because many people without widescreen tvs hate black bars.

well, those people are cinematic morons!!! :twisted:
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Jeremy Blackman

Way back in my shameful Blockbuster days, I used to have to explain to people why the top and bottom of their movie was being covered up by big black things. I often recommended that they look somewhere else for widescreen versions of movies. And when people asked for the Requiem DVD, I told them to rent the unrated version from Hollywood Video. I think my manager was catching on when I resigned.  :oops: