(Coen Bros) so far... so what?

Started by mutinyco, July 14, 2003, 05:53:05 PM

mutinyco

Considering that the Coens have been around for about 20 years now, what do people think their lagacy has been so far?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Cecil

mutinyco

What about influences? What have they contributed?
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

BrainSushi

Quote from: mutinycoWhat about influences? What have they contributed?

You mean like, who has shown signs of being influenced by them? I have no clue. I'm sure we'll see people ripping them off and paying homages to them in the somewhat-distant future.

Something Spanish

I plan on ripping them off within the next couple of years.

O Sadaam, Where Art Thou?

mutinyco

They already did that in Lebowski...

-St. Joe

mutinyco

I mean...look at the other films that were being made hen they got started. Their sense of imagination. The way they stylize every aspect of their films...

-St. Joe

mutinyco

Think about it... Do you think there would've been a Punch-Drunk Love without films like Raising Arizona or Barton Fink to lay a cinematic groundwork for small, quirky, technically polished films like that?

Most indie movies have been traditionally low-fi experiences. The Coens really pushed boundaries. Their influence can be seen in everything from Fight Club to half the commercials on TV.

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

Just accept the fact that no one knows and/or cares what you're asking and let the thread die.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mutinyco

Okay. I will. And you can fuck yourself. :)

-St. Joe

MacGuffin

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Alethia

MrBurgerKing

Have you guys ever tried the chocolate frosties at Wendys? I really gave them a shot the other day. I ordered the chicken combo with a frosty instead of a soda, and what a mistake that was. It's not really a drink! It's more like an ice cream. I could sit there and wait until it melts so I can have it with a straw (like a milkshake), but that'd be kinda weird.. I'd rather just eat it with a spoon (in which case it's not a drink!), it doesn't serve as an adequate replacement for a drink! So I sat there and ate my sandwich / fries with ICE CREAM and it was a miserable all around experience. I should've gone and got a soda but I'd look like a huge prick going in line and buying something else. I know what the cashiers are thinking: "this guy is coming back again, what a moron with his grin, coming to probably order another sandwich. I should spit right in his face, light him on fire, and dance on his grave." I'm not going to deal with that passive-agressive contempt. It's a tough situation, but next time I know to order a drink AND a frosty (or just the drink itself)

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

MrBurgerKing

Quote from: tremoloslothI love Frosties

Thanks for the support, tremolo-sloth.. I wonder if MutinyCo likes frosties as well? Hopefully his next post will be in reference to his favorite Wendys combo instead of cussing out MacMuffin.