Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

brockly

ono

brockly's link is gone now -- twas fun while it lasted.  Anyone smart enough to download it?  I'd host it if so.

Anyway, here, have a to tide you over.

MacGuffin

Radiohead Hint at Jack White Collaboration
"This song is for Jack White. We saw him yesterday. A big thank-you to him, but we can't tell you why. You'll find out."
Source: Pitchfork

During their headlining set at Bonnaroo last night, Billboard reports that Radiohead dropped a major hint about a possible collaboration with Jack White. Before playing "Supercollider", Thom Yorke said, "This song is for Jack White. We saw him yesterday. A big thank-you to him, but we can't tell you why. You'll find out." Will they do a Third Man single like Beck? And the speculation begins.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

will it be as terrible as that recent beck-jack dubs collaboration?

MacGuffin

Watch a New Radiohead Song Performed in Chicago
Video of "Full Stop" surfaces
Source: Pitchfork

Following excitable fan reports and wobbly audio clips from recent soundchecks, Radiohead have finally given new song "Full Stop" an airing that was captured for audible posterity. Watch a video of the band performing the song at Chicago's First Midwest Bank Amphitheater from yesterday, below.

A copy of the song's lyrics appears to have been sold on eBay in a major haul of backstage Radiohead memorabilia from a March 15 show at the Jobing.com arena in Glendale, Arizona, though the song doesn't appear on the night's setlist. The motherlode-- comprising, among other items, Thom Yorke's hat, Phil Selway's drumsticks, and uh, special Radiohead signs for the women's toilets-- sold on March 21 for $910. Nine hundred and ten dollars. Radiohead fans got cash to burn, apparently.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ono

Lottery

Oh yeah, Atoms For Peace released a clip for Before Your Very Eyes. No dancing Thom Yorke in this unfortunately, but we do get crumbling Thom Yorke.

Drenk

Ascension.

Pubrick

gee he sure likes being .

now someone do a video explaining what it all means! actually..

is it that change/progress occurs at an imperceptible pace and only the timeless observer can ever really "see" what is occurring? since eternity is not within reach and time scales prevent us from facing off with mountains then the real access point is the birth of the eternal in the present in the phenomenon of "truth" understood for the first time. the perpetuity of truth overcomes the limitations of the perceiver, who is no more than a vessel, and whose role is to achieve the full potential of truth perception in their limited time.

the lyrics support this:

Look out of the window (eyes)
What is passing you by. (time)
If you really want this bad enough (in our nature)
You're young and good looking (good as in unspoiled)
The keys to the kingdom (potential)
Sooner or later (x3) (always)
And before your very eyes (x3) (and now)
Old soul on young shoulders
How you'll look when you're older
Time's fickle card game with you and I
You have to take your chances
The book of forgiveness
Sooner or later (x3)
And before your very eyes (x3)

basically it's the stargate sequence.
under the paving stones.

Cloudy

^Really enjoyed that interpretation, you have a unique way of synthesizing things. I saw them live last weekend, anyone that has that opportunity should make sure TO GO. These guys are a natural force live. It was played on Treasure Island in SF at night with the thick low night fog rolling through their set, like a ship at sea. Like they were the sea.

I just feel like quoting just for the fact of how much I dig it. Sent it to a couple of my friends if you don't mind.
Quote from: Pubrick on October 21, 2013, 10:46:07 AM
is it that change/progress occurs at an imperceptible pace and only the timeless observer can ever really "see" what is occurring? since eternity is not within reach and time scales prevent us from facing off with mountains then the real access point is the birth of the eternal in the present in the phenomenon of "truth" understood for the first time. the perpetuity of truth overcomes the limitations of the perceiver, who is no more than a vessel, and whose role is to achieve the full potential of truth perception in their limited time.

basically it's the stargate sequence.

MacGuffin

Radiohead to Begin Recording Ninth Album in September
The band members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, "The King of Limbs," in 2011.
Source: THR

Radiohead will begin rehearsing and recording its ninth studio album in September, according to the band's guitarist Jonny Greenwood.

"We're going to start up in September, playing, rehearsing and recording and see how it's sounding," Greenwood said during Mary Anne Hobbes' BBC 6Music show [4] on July 12.

Radiohead members have kept busy with various solo projects following the release of its last album, The King of Limbs, in 2011.

Frontman Thom Yorke recorded music with his band Atoms For Peace, Greenwood scored Paul Thomas Anderson's 2012 film The Master and his upcoming movie Inherent Vice, and drummer Phil Selway plans to drop his second solo album in October.

Earlier this year, Greenwood told Nashville Cream that Radiohead would be meeting up at the end of the summer. "But, you know, we're a slow-moving animal, always have been," he said. "I guess we'll decide then what we do next."

The King of Limbs debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard 200.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

And it'll be ma'fucken awesome. I wonder how their sound and sensibilities will have changed in the past two years. Ever since TKoL they've had a great emphasis on groove- really upping the bass and percussion game live. So I feel that will definitely be present. I think TKoL felt a little unbalanced/inconsistent stylistically so I wonder if this will be a synth-driven or a less electronic album. Identikit and Ful Stop suggest something more electronic but who knows, they could totally change the songs (though they're amazing in their current form). Jonny G, has really come across something cool with his current guitar style- that minimalist, looped thing which he's been exploring on both Electric Counterpoint and his own work- I can see that fitting in somewhere (as seen in Identikit and Ful Stop). But yes, I'm kinda expecting 'groove' to be more prominent than ever.

Anyway, I think I've mentioned it before but if Radiohead brkoe up right now, it would mean that I went to their last ever show.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lottery

There's been some crazy hype recently about new material: statements, cryptic tweets, Polyfauna updates. RH are actually going back to studio really soon and they sound rather excited above it.

The above Polyfauna video could be hinting at RH material but it seems more likely that it's a Thom Yorke project. Sounds heavily influenced with the electronic musicians he's been hanging around with for the last few years. Either way, it sounds great and a step up from The Eraser.

Lottery