Shane Carruth

Started by Lottery, September 01, 2014, 09:03:16 AM

Lottery

Was a little surprised that there was no dedicated Carruth thread.

I wonder if he's hard at work on The Modern Ocean. The only recentish news about the film is that Amy Seimetz is producing it.

In non-directing news, Carruth is starring in a short film called Everything & Everything & Everything- directed and written by a fellow named Alberto Roldan.
The premise is interesting.
QuoteIn this visionary statement about the meteoric rise and catastrophic falls of consumer culture, the oppressively vapid life of sad sack Morgan (Primer and Upstream Color director Shane Carruth) takes a sudden turn when he discovers a mystical blue pyramid that produces doorknobs. Realizing the profit potential of this tireless high producer, Morgan takes it to the next level — and then some

Lottery

Apparently directed by Shane Carruth. Glad to know that he's doing stuff/not starving.

The short I mentioned earlier can be found here:
http://vimeo.com/105291516
But unfortunately, I don't have the magic password.

Lottery

Casey Gooden, who produced Upstream Color and played Robert in Primer, directs Carruth and Amy Seimetz in a short film titled
'We'll Find Something'. Will premiere at SXSW 2015.

http://www.wewillfindsomething.com/
A couple struggles to choose a restaurant while visiting New York.

max from fearless

So fucking stoked for this guy!!!!! What the hell is this movie?

ALL STAR CAST ANNOUNCED ON SHANE CARRUTH'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED UPCOMING FEATURE: THE MODERN OCEAN

http://moviecitynews.com/2015/11/all-star-cast-announced-on-shane-carruths-highly-anticipated-upcoming-feature-the-modern-ocean/

Starring: Anne Hathaway, Keanu Reeves, Daniel Radcliffe, Chloë Grace Moretz, Tom Holland, Asa Butterfield, Abraham Attah, Jeff Goldblum

LOS ANGELES- (Nov 3, 2015) Casting was announced today on Shane Carruth's highly anticipated third feature, THE MODERN OCEAN starring Anne Hathaway, Keanu Reeves, Daniel Radcliffe, Chloë Grace Moretz  (IF I STAY, THE EQUALIZER, KICK ASS 2), Tom Holland (SPIDERMAN, IN THE HEART OF THE SEA), Asa Butterfield (HUGO,ENDER'S GAME),Abraham Attah (BEASTS OF NO NATION), and Jeff Goldblum (THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL).

The film, in which Carruth also stars, is being produced by Blackbird's Lawrence Inglee (THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW), Carruth's erbp Film (UPSTREAM COLOR, PRIMER), and Tadmor's Eyal Rimmon (AMERICAN ULTRA). Casting is being handled by Carmen Cuba Casting.

FilmNation Entertainment will launch international sales on the film at the 2015 AFM in Santa Monica this week.

Shane Carruth, whose previous two films: UPSTREAM COLOR (winner of the 2013 Special Jury Prize at Sundance) and PRIMER (winner of the 2004 Sundance Grand Jury Prize and the Alfred P. Sloan Prize) received widespread critical acclaim, has been hailed as one of the most exciting and original voices in modern American cinema.

In THE MODERN OCEAN, the competition for valuable shipping routes, the search for the hidden cache of priceless material and the powerful need for vengeance will converge in a spectacular battle on the rolling decks of behemoth cargo ships. This epic tale, fraught with danger and intrigue, takes us from the ancient trading houses of Algeria to the darkest depths of the ocean floor.
Enormously inventive, but grounded in arcane reality, THE MODERN OCEAN will draw audiences in to a secretive world filled with mysterious technologies and bitter rivalries.

Tara Erer, SVP, Sales for FilmNation stated:  "We couldn't be more excited to be working with Shane on this project. He is clearly one of the most exciting and inventive filmmakers working today. He has created a world in MODERN OCEAN, which will excite and captivate audiences everywhere."

max from fearless

From Hollywood Reporter

Anne Hathaway, Keanu Reeves, Daniel Radcliffe, Chloe Grace Moretz, Tom Holland, Asa Butterfield, Jeff Goldblum and Beasts of No Nation breakout Abraham Attah will star in the ensemble adventure drama, based on Carruth's 200-page script, which is described as being filled with pictures and diagrams.

"This epic tale, fraught with danger and intrigue, takes us from the ancient trading houses of Algeria to the darkest depths of the ocean floor," said FilmNation in describing the project, which it will introduce to foreign buyers converging this week in Santa Monica for the American Film Market.

Garam

That is a pretty poor cast I would say. None of them individually would be too bad, but all of them put together makes my taint itch.

Drenk

Ascension.

jenkins

Garam

Anne Hathaway of stinking up the joint...

Jeremy Blackman

I don't know, have you seen Rachel Getting Married?

jenkins

i was going to clip that movie too, you know. this is how i play team sports. this task sounded easy. it still sounds easy but in a different way, since what i learned is it's wildly common for an actress to perform Anne Hathaway's monologue from Rachel Getting Married:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=monologue+Rachel+getting+married

Lottery

I don't know how he managed to pull that cast. That's an overload of famous.