Massive Sony Hack

Started by Just Withnail, December 11, 2014, 05:35:05 AM

Just Withnail

Sony was hacked recently, and the resulting leaks provide an incredible glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes. There are some insane things in here.

The Nightmare Email Drama Behind Sony's Steve Jobs Disaster

Quote from Scott Rudin email to Amy Pascal: "YOU BETTER SHUT ANGIE DOWN BEFORE SHE MAKES IT VERY HARD FOR DAVID TO DO JOBS." (Angie Jolie, David Fincher, Steve Jobs)

Also David Fincher writes "PUH-lease" in an email, which is pretty hilarious.

Sony Hack Reveals 25-Page List of Reasons It Sucks To Work at Sony

This one reveals that a lot of people dislike Adam Sandler at Sony.

Sony's Embarrassing Powerpoints Are Even Worse Than Their Shitty Movies

And this one, this one just makes everything fall neatly into place. It's another of those more and more common moments of our time, when the truth revealed seems more like a parody or dystopia than what one could have imagined.

jenkins

max from fearless

In the leaked emails, which are fascinating, Scott Rudin described Megan Ellison as a "bipolar 28 year old lunatic" whose liking of this or that Hollywood player may or may not depend on whether "she took her meds." All I can say is I hope he drinks some of that poisoned hooch, Freddie cooked up in The Master, cause that is a low-low blow...

Sleepless

I've been half-heartedly trying to follow this, but the news stories I'm seeing are all rather vague. I haven't gotten around to trying to search out some of the leaked material, so thank you for doing so. This is fascinating. Please keep adding stuff to this link people!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Axolotl

It really doesn't get said enough: seriously fuck the MPAA.

From the people that brought you SOPA:

Leaked Emails Reveal MPAA Plans To Pay Elected Officials To Attack Google
(to pressurize it to remove search results that the MPAA doesn't want you to see)

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141212/12142629419/leaked-emails-reveal-mpaa-plans-to-pay-elected-officials-to-attack-google.shtml

©brad

That is f'ed up. MPAA should die in a fire.

The leaked emails are amazing. I was on team Rubin up until the racist stuff.

Drenk

It was North Korea.

They threatened to bomb movie theaters.

The Interview won't be released.

Ascension.

Reel

jenkins

Cinefamily
Sunday, December 21st | 7:30pm
QuoteWe think what happened with The Interview is plain wrong.  It sets a terrible precedent, and we feel, as an independent movie theater, we should do whatever we can to support any filmmaker or film studio's right to free speech.  When Secret Cinema (one of the UK's great organizers of pop-up movie events) contacted us, letting us know they were putting together a global round of secret screenings in protest against censorship, we of course agreed to take part.  As per Secret Cinema tradition, we ask all to wear dark suits, and bring a small gift to give to a stranger.
All Tickets - $12

support their cause but i won't be attending, to support myself not giving a fuck about this movie actually

[edit]
leaving this as an example of me leaving false information on the internet. it's so tacky. i can tell you it's tacky when you do it, and you'll know i can relate. the interview didn't show tonight at cinefamily

Jeremy Blackman

In case anyone hasn't heard, The Interview is released on VOD for $5.99:

My cousin told me at Christmas Eve last night that Sony had it up on YouTube for free. Was it free at one point, or is he a liar?

Drenk

Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

If not the movie, at least our country is now free.

Reel

Jeremy Blackman