The Man In The White Suit.

Started by Finchy., March 22, 2004, 11:42:30 AM

Finchy.

I watched The Man In The White Suit, an Ealing film starring Alec Guiness and directed by Alexander Mackendrick yesterday.  It was very well written acted and edited, but there seemed to be some moral behind it, which, strangely, I can't quite fathom out in my head; something to do with a man torn between the middle class industry who employ him, and masses of working class co-employees.  Heavy-going stuff when you've left school, I know, but can anyone enlighten this weary cinema-idiot?
bunnykins

motherfucker

it plays with the idea that a manufacturer of a product in a capitalist state has to make one with faults because if it's a perfect product, you won't need to buy more (ie. look at your shitty ass car).
the exec heads don't want a never stainin' never agin' suit b/c it kills their repeat business and the workers don't want if b/c in the short term, they'll be out of a damn job.  it shows how a well-planned shitty system can have everyone in its favor.  
but what is capitalism anyway?  basically the public subsidy of risk and the privatization of profit, meaning your tax dollars pay for "defense" research that in turn invents velcro, the internet, etc.  and the patent goes a long standing trans-national corporation that put the president in office in the first place with campaign contributions, etc.  capitalism killed american democracy, negro, not that it ever existed in the first muh-fuckin place.  decent movie doesn't explore the themes thoroughly enough but content and theme makes it a curio in the midst of cold war anti-communism.  maybe cuz it was made in england.  word is bond, yall.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls