Catch Me If U Can....

Started by aclockworkjj, April 28, 2003, 11:22:37 AM

oakmanc234

I really liked 'Catch Me If You Can'. Truly entertaining. DiCaprio was better than ever, Hanks played a great prick, I liked that 'old-school classic' feel to it and how cool was the score?!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Redlum

pretty damn cool. Love the way the score is syncd with the entrace of a gun into the frame.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MrBurgerKing

Spielberg hasn't gotten a post in 7 days, so I thought I'd contribute to his self esteem.

cowboykurtis

recently saw catch me -- i didn't like how it was shot -- suppposedly they shot this film really quickly -- it showed, the execution seemed sloppy -- i have to watch it again -- something isn't sitting right.
...your excuses are your own...

Keener

I really enjoyed the film. I especially enjoyed the playing with the projector lights.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

ProgWRX

its all about Kaminski and his lighting work IMO...
8)   Him and John Toll... true masters  :yabbse-thumbup:
-Carlos

tpfkabi

no mention of the opening titles??? this was one of the most breath taking pieces of film i've seen in a while. i watched this sequence 4 times at home....and i like the DVD menus that go along with it

it reminds me of Saul Bass' title sequences he did for Psycho and Vertigo......they don't look the same.....but the idea of a visual motiff........mmm, and John Williams did an interesting jazz score
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.