the wire

Started by pete, February 14, 2007, 01:40:51 AM

diggler

i won't. i already feel guilty enough about watching the earlier leaked episodes before my roommates. looking forward to sunday night is half the fun, i might even have a BBQ or something and make a whole day out of it.

then i'm cancelling HBO
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

context, context, context.

YEAH You guys made me feel bad about watching it like that and i will wait till sunday. assholes. :(
context, context, context.

Stefen

Can't believe they killed Marlo off.

Just kidding. I don't watch this show. Just looked up a characters name.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

you fuckin douche bag.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

w/o horse

Yeah that sucks.  I like to hear "That episode was amazing" but to just spoil like that?  Ouch.

Kind of ruined my night.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: w/o horse on March 06, 2008, 08:23:55 PM
Yeah that sucks.  I like to hear "That episode was amazing" but to just spoil like that?  Ouch.

Kind of ruined my night.

Check Stefen's invisi-text...I had typed out "I think I fucking hate you right now" before I noticed it. His random prediction could very well be true and it was still a fucked up move.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

squints

Quote from: Stefen on March 06, 2008, 03:39:30 PM

you bastard!  good one. ( i retract my douche bag statement)

*a note to all prospective spoilery douchebaggery...i've just finished season 4 and i'll be catching up slowly...so please...please please!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

diggler

Quote from: Stefen on March 06, 2008, 03:39:30 PM

haha for not watching the show you picked a pretty good character.

who knows, come sunday you could be right

Stefen

haha, sorry guys. I was just joking. I just went to IMDB and looked for a character in season 4. I swear it was a joke.  I don't watch this show. But maybe I should start? You guys seem pretty gung ho about it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

w/o horse

Kind of started my day off good.  Phew.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

modage

kind of underwhelming.  no?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

diggler

really? couldn't disagree more. i thought the bar "eulogy" scene was especially touching.

i was hoping to see avon in the end montage though, but oh well.

so long wire, how you spoiled us.

Fernando

Just simply amazing, as it ended I thought immediately of this:

Quote from: cron on February 20, 2008, 06:50:31 PM
to me, it is a mistake to think that 'this time it's different'.

Quote from: pete on February 20, 2008, 08:41:59 PM
spoken like a true Wire fan.
It's true, the poor are still going to get shit on and foreign nations are still going to get pummelled.  but, Bush empowered a lot of crappy people with crappy sentiments that draped high over everyone and everything.  If Obama wins, that type of zeitgeist won't be the majority anymore (though I think zeitgeist by definition always means the majority).  We won't really be moving forward, but no more backwards feelings at least.

Nothing changes, Carcetti (cron's former idol) just turned into Clarence Royce II, the paper played the homeless story the Pulitzer's way and Gus was relegated, Dukie is the new Bubbles, Michael is the new Omar and so on. Oh, I'm so glad Slim killed cheese.

I guess the only ones that get out with his integrity almost intact are:

- McNulty even after all the things he did; I'm so glad he said to Rawls it wasn't about the money and I agree with ddiggler, the bar scene was very touching.
- Freamon, one hell of an investigator.
- Daniels and perhaps Rhonda, even thou she got to be a judge.

This was one epic show, probably the best thing we will ever see in quite some time, I miss it already.  :yabbse-sad: