Outkast Double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Started by Banky, September 11, 2003, 10:30:04 PM

European Son

Andre 3000 is the man. He is probably one of my favorite people in the current music industry. When I saw The Strokes in November 2002 in Atlanta, as I was waiting on them to hit the stage, I glanced up at the balcony and who was sitting there chilling? None other than Andre 3000. A few people besides me recognized him, but sadly I don't think most others knew who he was. I just think it's incredibly cool that a hip-hop artist is also into music like the Strokes.

Anyway, the new album should be great. I like Big Boi too, but I'm anticipating Andre 3000's disc more.

Ghostboy

He said that the Strokes and the Hives are really big influences on his current sound.

Sleuth

I saw both videos on launch

Big Boi is elevating the current rap out there

but Andre is out of this world already
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: tremoloslothI saw both videos on launch

haha tru..

ok i'ma go watch those videos now.
under the paving stones.

Banky

Quote from: P
Quote from: tremoloslothI saw both videos on launch

haha tru..

ok i'ma go watch those videos now.

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default.asp?artistID=1020326

Pubrick

thnx dawg.

same thing i'm saying about 21 Grams.. yay it's green! also, i totally forgot he was doin the concept of being everyone in a fictional group. hope everyone else feels it. or at least one of them should hit as many as got Ms Jackson, that would be dope for hey ya.

i wanna hear the rest tho, is it burnable yet? last i checked every supposed track from both CDs was a loop of The Whole World. on kazaa that is.
under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

Andre 3000 is Outkast, and his new single is fucking fantastic, even the video... so creative. I read that Andrew doesnt want to rap anymore, says he isnt passionate about it and cant rap about "cadillacs and guns like when I was 17" anymore, and I applaud him for that. Big Boi on the other hand seems to kind of be trying to keep up with dre and his single is awful.

Pubrick

Quote from: Duck SauceBig Boi on the other hand seems to kind of be trying to keep up with dre and his single is awful.
nah on The Way You Move he's taking it back to when R&B was good. i can dig it.
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

i heard the big boi single, it was pretty good, nothing special though.

Quote from: Pi wanna hear the rest tho, is it burnable yet? last i checked every supposed track from both CDs was a loop of The Whole World. on kazaa that is.
yeah i've noticed that and it's fucking annoying, have to wait a couple of weeks then.

Banky

Quote from: P
Quote from: Duck SauceBig Boi on the other hand seems to kind of be trying to keep up with dre and his single is awful.
nah on The Way You Move he's taking it back to when R&B was good. i can dig it.

yeah i can dig it also.  The video is real entertaining also.

RegularKarate

That launch site isn't Mac Friendly.. it keeps telling me that I need an archaic version off Netscape...

anyway, I've seen the "Hey ya" Video and I fuckin' love it... I saw it about a week ago and remember going "Hey, that's where P got that whole "shake it like a polaroid".

and I downloaded "the way you move" and the song is good shit too.

And yeah... all the others are just "The Whole World"...sucky.  
oh... 'cept for one listed as "Rooster"... which is just a short instrumental and may just be something off an older album listed incorrectly.

I have good feelings about this album.

Banky

European Son

I'm currently listening to Andre 3000's disc on MTV.com. This is some wild stuff. This is the most creative and freshest hip-hop (if you can even call it that) to come along in, well, ages. I have a feeling that this will end up being album of the year. It's going to be huge.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: European SonMTV.com.
Listen to the entire albums here.  Good find Son!

Pedro

Quote from: European SonI'm currently listening to Andre 3000's disc on MTV.com. This is some wild stuff. This is the most creative and freshest hip-hop (if you can even call it that) to come along in, well, ages. I have a feeling that this will end up being album of the year. It's going to be huge.
Oh shit yes this is great....
Any leaked mp3s yet?