TACITURN [short]

Started by Tommy Both, March 12, 2007, 08:06:56 PM

Tommy Both

TACITURN 11 MIN.

Made recently in my Amsterdam apartment. Semi-autobiographical. Don't be scared for subtitles. No dutch is spoken (or any language).
This stuff is supposed to get me into filmschool overhere. What do u guys ('n girls) think? Let me know, appreciate it. Thanks.

YouTube clip.

matt35mm

It's not really interesting enough to be as long as it is.  It looks fine but that's not enough.

I hope you get into the school and keep at it, though.  I suppose as far as student work goes, it's better made than most.  I'm holding it up to very high standards, because I figure that that's what you're aiming to eventually reach.

Tommy Both

Thanks for the comments. "Fucking trainwreck."
Hey, very weird, check out what just happened yesterday right in front of my door (where this film was shot).
And no this is not the hollywood set for the feature length remake of TACITURN!

To get back to the topic: I submitted this short plus the new york film REMINISCE as my material. (What do you think about that one? ) I will hear if I'm on to the next round in a week. I am applying for DIRECTING (FICTION). It's the toughest one to do. You have nine different options to sign up for, like: DIRECTING (DOCU), CINEMATOGRAPHY, SOUND, PRODUCING, SCREENWRITING, PRODUCTION DESIGN and a few others. You can only choose one and have to before you enroll. 6 open seats for directing (fiction) and like 200 hundred applying for only that one... eek.