Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville.....

Started by oakmanc234, January 22, 2004, 05:50:21 PM

oakmanc234

What with his slew of upcoming flicks that we're bound to be mentioning soon, I figured he should have a thread.
The guy cracks me up. I love everything 'Jackass' (one of the most addictive shows ever). The movie ruled too.

Coming soon he's got:

* the arthouse dramedy 'Grand Theft Parsons' which will go to Sundance (a Johnny Knoxville picture at Sundance....man that doesnt sound right)
* he teams with The Rock for 'Walking Tall'
* the latest Farrelly's produced comedy 'The Ringer'
* the new John Waters flick 'A Dirty Shame'
* ensemble action/drama 'Lords of Dogtown'
* comedy 'Hot Dog Vendor'

He's pretty much got everything covered and is bound to become a bigger star than he already is (which is something to either cheer on or fear depending on who you are....)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Chest Rockwell

I'm one of those that fears it...

Ghostboy

I'm really hoping Grand Theft Parsons is good...it's such a great story. And I really like Johnny Knoxville. I thought he was completely wooden in his two Barry Sonnefeld efforts, but I remain optimistic.

Alethia

i think he's funny so i look forward to these being at least okay

oakmanc234

'A Dirty Shame' trailer:

Probably my most anticipated cult flick of the year. Supposedly 'the most disgusting film ever made' or something (according to AICN). It looks awful...but FUN awful. I'm there.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: oakmanc234

Coming soon he's got:

* the arthouse dramedy 'Grand Theft Parsons' which will go to Sundance (a Johnny Knoxville picture at Sundance....man that doesnt sound right)
* he teams with The Rock for 'Walking Tall'
* the latest Farrelly's produced comedy 'The Ringer'
* the new John Waters flick 'A Dirty Shame'
* ensemble action/drama 'Lords of Dogtown'
* comedy 'Hot Dog Vendor'

*14:59

MacGuffin

Knoxville down home with 'Daltry'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Miramax Films is moving forward with the production of "Daltry Calhoun," gearing up for a Sept. 25 start date with Johnny Knoxville in final negotiations to topline.

Juliette Lewis, Elizabeth Banks, David Koechner and Kick Gurry also are on board to star in the project, sources confirmed. The film marks the feature directorial debut of Katrina Holden Bronson. Miramax and Quentin Tarantino's L. Driver Prods. are co-producing.

The project brings Knoxville and Tarantino back to their roots: Both are originally from Knoxville, Tenn., the setting for "Daltry Calhoun." The project, penned by Bronson, is described as a dark comedy about a father (Knoxville) struggling to keep his once lucrative Tennessee golfing empire intact when his estranged 14-year-old daughter -- a gifted musician -- is unexpectedly left in his care.

The part of the daughter is expected to be decided soon following a Wednesday afternoon testing session in Tennessee that saw Knoxville read opposite a list of actresses. Lewis will star as the current love interest of Knoxville's character, with Banks playing the mother of the girl, Koechner as Calhoun's right-hand man and Gurry as an Australian golf expert.

Danielle Renfrew is producing the Miramax release with Tarantino serving as executive producer. Erica Steinberg, senior vp creative affairs, will oversee the project on behalf of Miramax, reporting to co-chairman Harvey Weinstein.

"Calhoun," which has been in the works for some time, previously had Sean Penn attached to star. At one point, "Friends" alum Courteney Cox also was attached.

Knoxville next stars in John Waters' "A Dirty Shame" for Fine Line Features.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks