INLAND EMPIRE

Started by MacGuffin, May 11, 2005, 04:50:02 PM

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

If I'm writing this, it must mean I'm not there.

I got out of work, and in plenty of time, so since I was half way there, I decided to go. Looked for parking, but couldn't find anything, so I bite the big one and pay the $5 lot. That thing was sold out loooooooooooong before I ever got there. And it was completely unorganized. I checked in downstairs, but was told the email RSVP people were to go upstairs. I climb the steps... and all of the city of Westwood is in a line that snakes upon itself. I see something about tickets and I'm looking where to get them. I go back down and ask. They say they're not needed for the Filter/email people. He says the line is so long, I probably won't get in, but it shouldn't be long before I find out for sure. The guys in front of me don't have tickets either. So I stand in the line, which I think is the end... and wait... and wait... and wait... Then this guy and girl cut in front of me saying that this is the line for the ticket holders. I tell him it's all one line, but he says different...blah, blah, blah. The two guys ended up leaving. Then the line moves, and when I get to the front, what do you know, it's the line for ticket holders. I knew getting in the other line, where ever that was, was gonna be all for naught, so I leave. I walked around hoping my friend Silias would spot me and let me in with him, but no. The Limited Edition Lynch memorabilia was all stuff you could buy from the website, without the S&H charge.

The good part was that it only took me 45 minutes to get home instead of the usual hour and a half it would normally from that area.

This is why I don't go to these things.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 01, 2007, 10:14:49 PM
If I'm writing this, it must mean I'm not there.

I got out of work, and in plenty of time, so since I was half way there, I decided to go. Looked for parking, but couldn't find anything, so I bite the big one and pay the $5 lot. That thing was sold out loooooooooooong before I ever got there. And it was completely unorganized. I checked in downstairs, but was told the email RSVP people were to go upstairs. I climb the steps... and all of the city of Westwood is in a line that snakes upon itself. I see something about tickets and I'm looking where to get them. I go back down and ask. They say they're not needed for the Filter/email people. He says the line is so long, I probably won't get in, but it shouldn't be long before I find out for sure. The guys in front of me don't have tickets either. So I stand in the line, which I think is the end... and wait... and wait... and wait... Then this guy and girl cut in front of me saying that this is the line for the ticket holders. I tell him it's all one line, but he says different...blah, blah, blah. The two guys ended up leaving. Then the line moves, and when I get to the front, what do you know, it's the line for ticket holders. I knew getting in the other line, where ever that was, was gonna be all for naught, so I leave. I walked around hoping my friend Silias would spot me and let me in with him, but no. The Limited Edition Lynch memorabilia was all stuff you could buy from the website, without the S&H charge.

The good part was that it only took me 45 minutes to get home instead of the usual hour and a half it would normally from that area.

This is why I don't go to these things.
I had a similar experience. I got out of work at a reasonable time and got there what I thought was an ok time: 6:22. It obviously wasn't a good time at all. I thought it was such a shame I was a bit disapointed. I was looking for you everywhere Mac, and I don't know if you saw me but I was in the red amoeba T-shirt meandering by the memorbilia table. It wasn't a complete bust. I picked up 2 free postcards. I already have met and talked with him a couple of times and have seen IE twice so I left after about 20 minutes of just walking around and seeing the complete disorganization that was that event.
Another high point the check girl at the LA fitness parking building let me go out for free after explaing my pridictament.

I kept thinking that I should have skipped work....but no. Anyway, I've been trying to live with any regrets.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on August 02, 2007, 01:04:32 AMI was looking for you everywhere Mac, and I don't know if you saw me but I was in the red amoeba T-shirt meandering by the memorbilia table.

I was by the bar in what I thought was the end of the line.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

w/o horse

You two probably walked by me.  My roommate went down at 4:30 and stood in line.  At 5 when the b.o. opened there were about forty people, so he was able to get himself a ticket and then go back through and get me a ticket.  The reservations didn't mean anything, one ticket per person.  There was a second line for the old theater.  Both lines could hold 250 people.  I was in a black Portishead Records t-shirt with brown pants.  We were on the stairs, and I was at the bar twice.

At any rate the Q&A was impersonal and nothing came from it.  After that the Valley Girls from the film did on stage the dance they do in the film. It was kind of awkward.  But before the show Lynch played a song with another guy to 'set the mood for Inland Empire' and it was a very mood setting song.

So you didn't miss too much.  But Saturday is Battleship Potemkin!
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

john

Yeah, author of that article, I'm a big fan of Lost Highways, too.

As well as The Twin Peaks and Wild of Heart.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Just Withnail

this is an epic rightmare, and Lynch's big fish are pirahnas chewing at your face while your heart races - and in the in-love way, not the shit-I'm-dying way.

That doesn't say anything, really, but I hope I'm forgiven for having a muddled impression of this film. I might have nothing insightful to say about it, at least not until second viewing.

MacGuffin

Best Buy breaks INLAND EMPIRE DVD Street Date
Source: Dugpa

I've been told that a number of Best Buy stores have already put the new INLAND EMPIRE DVD on their shelves which is supposed to street next Tuesday. If you are looking for a treat this weekend, try looking at your local Best Buy. I have received a copy of the DVD and all I can say is that it is one of the most extensive presentations of a David Lynch film on DVD EVER.

Skeleton FilmWorks

GSinNYC

There's a DVD store here in NYC that released INLAND EMPIRE this past Monday (they don't want me to mention their name)...I grabbed the last copy.  The DVD, my friends, is astounding.  The film, we all know about...but the extras are fantastic.  Since watching the film (which looks GREAT, a lot more beautiful than I remember on the large screen), I've watched LYNCH 2 (I think it's additional material from "LYNCH 1" -- the documentary that's coming out later this year) and DAVID LYNCH COOKS QUINOA, also a couple of the STORIES and a few of the STILLS.  No spoilers from me...all I'll say is that after watching LYNCH 2 and QUINOA we get to know David Lynch better than we've ever known him before.  A true delight...insight into the man, the artist and his process.  You're in for a real treat.  Watching more later tonight.

modage

Quote from: GSinNYC on August 09, 2007, 07:36:55 PM
There's a DVD store here in NYC that released INLAND EMPIRE this past Monday (they don't want me to mention their name)...I grabbed the last copy.  The DVD, my friends, is astounding.  The film, we all know about...but the extras are fantastic.  Since watching the film (which looks GREAT, a lot more beautiful than I remember on the large screen), I've watched LYNCH 2 (I think it's additional material from "LYNCH 1" -- the documentary that's coming out later this year) and DAVID LYNCH COOKS QUINOA, also a couple of the STORIES and a few of the STILLS.  No spoilers from me...all I'll say is that after watching LYNCH 2 and QUINOA we get to know David Lynch better than we've ever known him before.  A true delight...insight into the man, the artist and his process.  You're in for a real treat.  Watching more later tonight.

Mondo Kim's
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

More Lynch Clips from the Hammer Museum
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=60871191&n=60871191&MyToken=05846143-083e-4e2c-86ca-1f6555128fed

--------------------------------------

Lynch at Borders in Westwood on August 14th to Sign Copies of INLAND EMPIRE

Visionary and icon of modern cinema David Lynch signs his latest epic INLAND EMPIRE for fans. For more than twenty years, Lynch has been amassing fans with his unforgettable sense of style on screen. Now you can meet with the master and have your copy of his newest film INLAND EMPIRE signed. Due to limited time with our featured guest, INLAND EMPIRE must be purchased to meet Lynch and only Borders-purchased copies of prior titles will be allowed to be signed. See store for updated details.

August 14, 2007 7:00 PM

Westwood - LA
1360 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Phone:310.475.3444

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

Just ordered it from familyvideo.com for $11.95 using coupon NEWMEM5F

Can't wait to see this.

Pozer

Lynch at Borders in Westwood on August 14th to Sign Copies of INLAND EMPIRE

Visionary and icon of modern cinema David Lynch signs his latest epic INLAND EMPIRE for fans. For more than twenty years, Lynch has been amassing fans with his unforgettable sense of style on screen. Now you can meet with the master and have your copy of his newest film INLAND EMPIRE signed. Due to limited time with our featured guest, INLAND EMPIRE must be purchased to meet Lynch and only Borders-purchased copies of prior titles will be allowed to be signed. See store for updated details.

August 14, 2007 7:00 PM

Westwood - LA
1360 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Phone:310.475.3444
[/quote]
me thinks me in. 

Reinhold

Quote from: edison on August 10, 2007, 10:39:08 AM
Just ordered it from familyvideo.com for $11.95 using coupon NEWMEM5F

Can't wait to see this.

thanks! i did too.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.