Celebrity Comparisons

Started by meatball, April 28, 2004, 06:18:51 PM

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ghostboy

The most frequent -- and ego boosting -- that I get are Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Vincent Gallo (when I have facial hair), although  I really don't see either, especially the latter. I ain't that skinny. My hairline often draws comparisons to Jack Nicholson's, though, and my chest to Burt Reynold's.

SoNowThen

Harry Potter

or when I have my hair grown longer, sometimes

"that kid from Almost Famous"
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: godardianGiovanni Ribisi.
:lol:

Just Withnail

Quote from: SoNowThen"that kid from Almost Famous"

There you go, that's the one I was looking for. Me too.

A World Apart

Looks: I have been told on many occassions...Anna Paquin, Katie Holmes, and Rachel Leigh Cook, although i personally think it's more of a mixture of the three
Personality: Friends call me a more upbeat Jeannine Garofalo (I'm not sure if that's an insult or a compliment)
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

El Duderino

i also get the Patrick Fugit comparison, it must be the hair, because people randomly movie it to the side and say "now you're mysterious"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

Quote from: El Duderinoi also get the Patrick Fugit comparison, it must be the hair, because people randomly movie it to the side and say "now you're mysterious"
Another typical Xixax freudian slip.

El Duderino

HAH! i didnt even notice.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Just Withnail

Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: El Duderinoi also get the Patrick Fugit comparison, it must be the hair, because people randomly movie it to the side and say "now you're mysterious"
Another typical Xixax freudian slip.

We should devote a thread to those.

atticus jones

i look alot like "me" and am living a parallel existence with pull tamas handerson...

for ex ample...my top ten reasons

1) neither one of us finished film school
2) we both were raised in the valley
3) we are both boys
4) we both have penises
5) neither one of us has run for preseident
6) we both drive cars around
7) people say we are creative but strange
8) we have both visited france
9) we both have 8 letters in our last name and four letters in our first name
10) neither one of us is sleeping with an apple tonight

thank you
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

The Silver Bullet

RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

atticus jones

or jus a bad case of the clap
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

cine

The Silver Bullet

Quote from: Cinephilestory of my life.
What is? The clap?

I should be so lucky.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]