The European P.T. Anderson Home Film Festival

Started by Spike, June 13, 2003, 07:25:40 AM

Spike

So, who would like to do a European P.T. Anderson Home Film Festival?
I would really like to do it!
But the problem is of course "Punch-Drunk Love". I don't know where it is available on DVD in Europe - in Germany it isn't yet.
So we would have to let "Punch-Drunk Love" out or we could wait until it's everywhere in Europe available.
Would you do it without "PDL" or with it?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Sigur Rós

Spike

I think we should wait, too!
What would be a P.T. Anderson Festival without his last film?
But I think Germany will be one of the last countries in which "PDL" will be released. Why? It started just two months ago in our cinemas!

Xixax

I think this'd be a great idea - to do it on an overseas release date.

When does it come out? Let's plan on it.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Spike

I don't know when it will come out. They haven't mentioned a release date to date.

Jeremy Blackman

Seems like half of our users are in Europe. I look forward to staying up late (or getting up early) for this...

Redlum

Im there for this. If you have a multi region, remember you can import the American DVD from many online sites. The european versions are likely to do away with the packaging and presentation that PTA worked so hard on. I've seen that the uk dvd has the poster as cover art (i know some of you would prefer)  and some dumb critic quote.

oh and most online places are shipping PDL now.

July 7th I think in the uk.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Spike

I know that I can import the DVD. But for nearly all foreign online shops you need a credit card. I haven't got one.

phil marlowe

this is just too good, im definatly in.

:yabbse-thumbup: mesh will propably not partisipate
:yabbse-thumbup: it wont be at three in the morning
:yabbse-thumbup: i wont be at roskilde
:yabbse-thumbdown: mesh could partisipate if he wanted to, he'd just has to drink lotys of coffee

Spike

It would be really easy when my father would have a credit card, but he hasn't, too!

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Spike

Man, that's so fucked up! I want to have this DVD!
Sometimes I really hate Germany. Why do they release this masterpiece so late in this goddamn country!
I wish I could live in the USA, man!

Spike

Spike

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
I found a online-shop where you don't need a credit card to import Code-1-DVDs!
YEAH!!!!
On the release date they will send it to me, but of course the shipping will take a few days or perhaps weeks, but that doesn't matter. I will have the beautiful Code-1 DVD and I don't have to wait months until the Code-2 DVD will come out. FANTASTIC!
But the luckiest now is certainly ebeaman. He will fucking meet the master!

Cecil

Quote from: SpikeWhy do they release this masterpiece so late in this goddamn country!

heh, heh... my grandmother predicted this, which is why she ditched germany at 18 for canada.

Spike

Wow! October! That's a little bit late, isn't it!
Ahh! Fuck the German DVD! I already have ordered the Code-1 Version and will have it in the beginning of July.