(probably not) New Pitt/Fincher project

Started by kotte, November 03, 2005, 02:11:44 AM

kotte

I recently read about the two teaming up for a film based on Anthony Bourdain's (who I met and talked to last night :) ) Kitchen Confidential.

Is there a thread about it somewhere? Couldn't find one.

polkablues

Quote from: kotteI recently read about the two teaming up for a film based on Anthony Bourdain's (who I met and talked to last night :) ) Kitchen Confidential.

That would be weird with the current TV show based on the book going on at the same time.

Not saying it's not true, just that it would be weird if it was.
My house, my rules, my coffee

hedwig

Quote from: kotteI recently read about the two teaming up for a film based on Anthony Bourdain's (who I met and talked to last night :) ) Kitchen Confidential.

where did you recently read it?

Ghostboy

This is actually quite an old bit of news, from around the time the book was first published (or possibly before). I'm guessing it fell apart a while back.

modage

yeah there's no way they would do it now that it's been turned into a TV show.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

I'm pretty sure that project became the TV show.  Sometimes failed movie projects become TV shows.  I believe James Cameron's Dark Angel was one such project.  Mulholland Drive is the opposite.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the same names are attached.  It's essentially the same project carried over to TV.

cowboykurtis

yea this project is dead - fincher had his eye on it about a year and a half ago - now its a tv show - someone should delete this thread
...your excuses are your own...

SiliasRuby

Quote from: cowboykurtisyea this project is dead - fincher had his eye on it about a year and a half ago - now its a tv show - someone should delete this thread
Or at least lock it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cowboykurtis

Quote from: SiliasRuby
Quote from: cowboykurtisyea this project is dead - fincher had his eye on it about a year and a half ago - now its a tv show - someone should delete this thread
Or at least lock it.

just delete the fucker

kotte

Anthony talked about the TV show, he didn't mention the film but on the back of the new edition of Kitchen Confidential they were handing out, it says there's a film with Pitt and Fincher in the works.
But okay, suppose they got it all backwards...sorry.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: kotteAnthony talked about the TV show, he didn't mention the film but on the back of the new edition of Kitchen Confidential they were handing out, it says there's a film with Pitt and Fincher in the works.
But okay, suppose they got it all backwards...sorry.

"in the works" is a very loose phrase - they could very well be using it to sell books

kotte

Quote from: cowboykurtiscould very well be using it to sell books

Probably...

©brad

Quote from: kotte

Probably...

i ate in bourdain's restaurant the other night and it was excellent.

the book is pure gold, especially for those who have worked in a restaurant.

i kinda am wishfully hoping that this movie doesn't get made b/c i am writing a screenplay in the same vein called TIPS :oops:

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

kotte

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: kotte

Probably...

i ate in bourdain's restaurant the other night and it was excellent.

I'm going there in a couple of weeks...looking forward to it.
Bourdain said, "a meal should be eaten with a sleeping dog under the table and a cigarette between every course", is this close to a Les Halles experience?