John Lennon

Started by bonanzataz, December 08, 2003, 07:32:57 PM

classical gas

it's sad when i think about the song, but when i hear it, it does seem more joyous.  maybe it's just the opening line, when i hear it in my head, it appears somber.

Sleuth

It is sad in the same sort of way that Charlie Brown Christmas songs sound sad
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Two Lennon collections due, including 'Acoustic'

John Lennon will have two new compact discs out this fall. Capitol Records announced it was releasing a 17-song disc, "Acoustic," which collect some of the quieter post-Beatles work, including "Working Class Hero," "Watching the Wheels" and "Dear Yoko," by Lennon, who was murdered in 1980. Seven of the tracks will be available for the first time. An acoustic version of the harrowing "Cold Turkey," a live take on "Imagine" and a non-sweetened "Real Love" are part of the package. Capitol is also repackaging Lennon's 1975 album, "Rock 'n' Roll," his homage to the music of his youth. They include four bonus tracks: "To Know Her is to Love Her"; "Angel Baby"; "Since My Baby Left Me"; and "Just Because." Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, supervised the projects, which will be issued Nov. 2.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

Oh yeah, kick ass. I am definitely getting those.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

LENNON'S KILLER IN NEW PAROLE HEARING

JOHN LENNON's killer will appear before a parole board later this week in a bid to secure his freedom. Lennon's killer, 49, was sentenced to 20 years to life for shooting the former Beatle in the back outside his New York apartment on December 8, 1980. A spokeswoman for the State of New York Division Of Parole told BBC News Online that Lennon's killer is one of a number of prisoners set for parole hearings on Tuesday and Wednesday. The appearance will be his third since he was sent to a separate facility in a maximum-security prison in Attica, New York state. All his previous requests for release have been rejected. Lennon's widow Yoko Ono is opposing his release along with 2,000 fans, who have signed an online petition campaigning for him to remain in prison for the rest of his natural life. Ono, who was with Lennon when he was assassinated, has sent a letter to the parole board which says Lennon's killer release would "bring back the nightmare, the chaos and the confusion once again". Four years ago she also told a parole hearing that she would not feel safe if he was released. Ono believes that Lennon's killer remains a threat to the safety of her and Lennon's sons, Sean and Julian. Lennon's killer last bid for release in 2002 was rejected on the grounds that it would diminish the seriousness of his crime.

What is the name of the person who killed John Lennon?

mogwai

remember john lennon, it's 24 years today when he was brutally gunned down outside his apartment in new york.

SHAFTR

Did you guys know he was in The Beatles?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

RegularKarate

That's actually a myth... I read it on Snopes.com... he was never in The Beatles.

mogwai

And if you thought those titles were scary, check out this press release from Shout! Factory about The Dick Cavett Show: John and Yoko coming out on 1 November:

John Lennon and Yoko Ono appeared on The Dick Cavett Show three times. Clearly, they enjoyed their time with Cavett as these television interviews stand out as their most relaxed and in-depth. The show which aired on September 11, 1971 (taped three days prior) is noted as Lennon's first American on-camera interview post Beatles dissolution. After the taping of that show ended, John and Yoko remained on set and continued their interview with Cavett while the cameras remained rolling. These interview segments were later woven into the show which aired two weeks later, on September 24th. During their first visit with Cavett, John and Yoko promised the host they'd return to perform; they honored that promise for the show that aired May 12th, each performing one song.

** Includes all-new episode introductions by Dick Cavett and a featurette interview with Dick Cavett.

The John & Yoko Collection includes three complete episodes:

September 11, 1971 – John & Yoko are Cavett's only guests. They show clips from their experimental films Fly and Erection as well as promotional films for the songs "Imagine" and "Mrs. Lennon."

September 24, 1971 – Cavett introduces the three additional segments from John & Yoko's appearance on September 11, 1971 and also welcomes Stan Freberg and Robert Citron.

May 12, 1972 – John & Yoko perform live with the band Elephant's Memory in their second visit with Cavett. John sings "Woman Is The Nigger Of The World" and Yoko sings "We're All Water." Actress Shirley MacLaine is also on hand.

Alethia

Alethia

well, today, it's been twenty-five years since he was murdered.  longer than i've been around....

Pubrick

and longer than you will be!  :violin:
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

and i've read they're doing a movie about his killer. i'm sure there's a thread no need to link it.
i watched dateline or something a couple of weeks ago. it was interesting. i couldn't imagine how it would feel if i heard thom yorke or jeff tweedy got shot and died. i guess the most recent would be elliott smith, but i wasn't really much of a fan until after his death.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

bonanzataz

just picked this up for my sister for xmas. never seen it, but it just came out on dvd and we love john lennon, so it all works out, i suppose.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alethia

im buying it soon, havent seen it since i was ten or so but i remember finding john very intimidating in alot of scenes