the cremaster cycle

Started by cowboykurtis, April 04, 2003, 09:37:22 PM

cowboykurtis

have any of you seen any films of the Cremaster Cycle by Mathew Barney? His newest film premeired at Sundance this year. Its not everyones cup of tea, but if you enjoy strange films,  try to download the trailer . i think you can find it at www.cremaster.org or www.thecremaster cycle.org -- Download the trailer for CREMASTER 3 -- that is his newest -- its really interesting -- you wont be disapointed. let me know what you think of the trailer. it's playing in limited release as of now. He is the youngest filmmaker to have his work displayed at the Gugenheim in New York.
...your excuses are your own...

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

cowboykurtis

I FUCKED THE LINKS UP. go to: www.cremaster.net. Once you're in the site go to CHAPTER 3 and download the trailer. let me know what you think. it seems pretty interesting,

Ghostboy

I've been wanting to see these for a long time. Supposedly Cremaster 3 is getting released soon...and then maybe they'll put them all out on DVD or something. I saw an exhibit of art from the film last time I was at the Guggenheim; it looks gorgeous.

cowboykurtis

yea i saw it at sundance -- it is some of the most gorgeous cinematography i've ever seen. its playing here in chicago right now. the word on the street is that Palm Pictures is releasing the whole CREMASTER CYCLE in a box set dvd.

Ghostboy

I just watched the trailer for the first time; wow, that looks truly amazing. Even better, the website says the whole cycle will be playing in Dallas in June. Huzzah!

I know that Cremaster 3 was shot in Hi-Def; it looks fantastic.

bonanzataz

I was misreading it for a while and I thought it said the Creamster Cycle and I'm like, "where's the goddamn man on this one?"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cowboykurtis

Quote from: bonanzatazI was misreading it for a while and I thought it said the Creamster Cycle and I'm like, "where's the goddamn man on this one?"
the cremaster is actually the muscle that raises and lowers your testicles.

Satcho9

I know this has been playing very selectively, but anyone know if this is coming to DVD?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Satcho9I know this has been playing very selectively, but anyone know if this is coming to DVD?
Palm Pictures is releasing a 5 disc box set of the whole cremaster cycle.

Satcho9

Cool cool. Any idea when?

cowboykurtis

im not sure -- probably after cremaster 3 gets out of the theaters.

Satcho9

9/16/03 it says on the Palm Pictures website...

Bud_Clay

i'm really glad to hear this. the only viewings of matthew barney work i've been able to gather is his large book that's an overview of the cremaster cycle.. althoguh im really surprised to hear cremaster 3 screened at sundance... it seems his work has only been available to the art collectors with $$$'s to burn..

why doesn't Björk have Matthew direct her videos?!?  .. why doesnt Matthew have Björk pose for his art?>! ..they are very close couples!

manvstrees

i've only seen the first one.
im actually impressed that this is getting mentioned here.
did anyone get to the barney gugenheim exhibit?
i can't wait to get ahold of the rest of the series, but im sure ordering them from the gallery is expensive as hell.
maestro sartori wants a bit of glory...