11 Scariest Horror Movies of All Time by Martin Scorsese

Started by modage, October 29, 2009, 10:03:02 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

The Entity - that sounds quite weird. does it show the invisible rape?

i can't think of how you'd film that unless it just shows her face and/or focuses on sound.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I saw it a long time ago when I was a kid. Can't remember how it was filmed, but don't remember it being a very memorable movie.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

tpfkabi

with all the B&W you'd think he'd have listed Night of the Hunter. i guess that falls under Horror.

Pas

haha yeah as horrorific as all these movies listed ...that's not horror, it's barely suspense. The Night of The Hunter is noir really...

modage

1. THE HAUNTING
2. ISLE OF THE DEAD
3. THE UNINVITED
4. THE ENTITY
5. DEAD OF NIGHT
6. THE CHANGELING
7. THE SHINING
8. THE EXORCIST
9. NIGHT OF THE DEMON
10. THE INNOCENTS
11. PSYCHO

I've seen 8, and reviewed 5 (so far) in my Best Horror series.  Glad to see Dead Of Night getting some attention.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alexandro

yeah i've only seen the exorcist, psycho and the shinning, not a big horror fan. so I have no clue if this is a boring list, but given scorsese's track record when recommending films, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

tpfkabi

I wonder if he's seen the original Halloween?
I would think he'd like all the stedicam work in it (I think it had a lot - it's been a while).

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: bigideas on October 30, 2009, 11:00:30 AM
I wonder if he's seen the original Halloween?
I would think he'd like all the stedicam work in it (I think it had a lot - it's been a while).

He's a Capenter fan (and friend, I think). He's seen it and he likes it. I remember him recomending it on some magazine or something. The biggest surprise for me was the absence of Mario Bava's Kill, Baby... Kill, since he's supposed to be a big fan of it.
Si

tpfkabi

TCM aired Dead of Night and The Haunting back to back Saturday morning.

I'm sure the foley artists had a field day on the latter especially.

DoN felt like a full length Twilight Zone episode with a handfull of mini episodes within it.