Started by Rudie Obias, August 01, 2004, 09:43:18 PM

Rudie Obias

wong kar-wai's latest...  WHEN?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

pete

the cannes reactions were very mixed, wong's probably recutting it brown bunny style.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

How many times has recutting made a film better?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: RaviHow many times has recutting made a film better?

Si

ono

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal
Quote from: RaviHow many times has recutting made a film better?

Annie Hall and Apocalypse Now, I presume?

pete

Wong KarWai is hit and miss for me, but doesn't he shoot excessive amount of film?  like the shooting ratio is like 1 to 40 or something, pretty close to documentaries, so the outcome can vary as much as an edited  documentary.
- Buster Keaton

Rudie Obias

wong  kar-wai is simply great and you should all know that...
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

Thanks, I'll keep a note of that.

edison

pete

there is no cinematographer more versatile than Christopher Doyle.  I wish Connie Hall was still alive so I can say something like Chris Doyle kicks Connie Hall's ass without appearing blashemous.
- Buster Keaton

rustinglass

In Cannes, Tarantino said: "If there was an award for photography, 2046 would have definately won it."
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: petethere is no cinematographer more versatile than Christopher Doyle.  I wish Connie Hall was still alive so I can say something like Chris Doyle kicks Connie Hall's ass without appearing blashemous.

OK, now, that was funny.

2046 can't come soon enough (it's one of the few times when that's actually a good thing).
Si

pete

Quote from: ElPandaRoyal

OK, now, that was funny.

whoa, somebody's knee just JERKED.
- Buster Keaton

pete

I'm in Taiwan right now, gonna see it tomorrow.
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: peteI'm in Taiwan right now, gonna see it tomorrow.

Sneak an NTSC DV camcorder in there... you know, if it's not too much trouble.