the whole x-men united shpeel

Started by manvstrees, April 25, 2003, 12:02:46 PM

i/o

You know in the movie Nightcrawler always said that he would have to know where he was going or he could end up in a wall.

I'm curious to know what that would look like...
"Mime is money"

©brad

Box Office: X2 Excels

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) — Hollywood's lucrative summer box-office season got off to an early start over the weekend as the comic book adventure film X2: X-Men United stormed theaters worldwide in the biggest launch in movie history.

According to studio estimates issued on Sunday, the massively hyped sequel sold $85.9 million worth of tickets in its first three days of release across the United States and Canada. It also earned $69.3 million from 93 countries, taking its total to $155.2 million — more than half of what the first movie, 2000's X-Men, made in its entire run.

X-Men opened with $54.5 million in North America and went on to earn $157.3 million domestically and $294 million worldwide.

The new film, based on the popular Marvel comic books about a pack of ostracized mutant savants, ranks No. 4 on the list of North American openings. Spider-Man, also based on a Marvel comic, holds the record with $115 million, followed by Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with $90.3 million and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with $88.4 million.

Fox's three-day estimate was actually lower than that of other studios, some of which placed the opening above $90 million. Final data will be issued later today.

The film, which cost about $110 million to make, features an ensemble cast that includes Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Halle Berry as Storm, and Ian McKellen as Magneto. Their mutant characters try to defend a human world that rejects them.

Exit polls showed that a surprisingly high 44 percent of the audience for X2 was female, Fox distribution president Bruce Snyder said. Generally glowing reviews also brought in older audiences, with 52 percent aged over 25, he added.

In North America, the film played in a record 3,741 theaters, beating the old mark of 3,682 for last year's Harry Potter sequel.

Summer traditionally begins in Hollywood over the Memorial Day holiday weekend (May 23-26), but in recent years, the studios have started releasing their big guns earlier to maximize returns in a crowded marketplace.

For Marvel, X2 marks the company's sixth consecutive No. 1 release, after X-Men, the two Blade movies, Spider-Man, and the recently released Daredevil. The run is likely to extend to seven with the June 20 release of The Hulk, starring Australian actor Eric Bana as the moody green giant.

- holy smokes, $152 mil. in three days worldwide?!?!?! i had no idea it was going to be that big.
how come this is the first time Hollywood has tried a worldwide release?

Sleuth

Upon seeing this movie twice, I will say that my favorite part is the attack on the mansion.  Siryn's scream just makes it all the more intense
I like to hug dogs

Banky

Im not a fanboy but am quite familiar with X MEn but somone said "for those of us who know what this leads to" what specifically were you referring to?

by the way just wanted to say X2 was really fucking sweet.  Fuck people like Roger Ebert who give it crap just because they arent familiar with the X men.  Ebert gave more praise to Dare devil than to X2 and well im not gonna get into that.

Sleuth

Quote from: BankyEdwardsIm not a fanboy but am quite familiar with X MEn but somone said "for those of us who know what this leads to" what specifically were you referring to?

by the way just wanted to say X2 was really fucking sweet.  Fuck people like Roger Ebert who give it crap just because they arent familiar with the X men.  Ebert gave more praise to Dare devil than to X2 and well im not gonna get into that.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-