Fairport Convention

Started by rustinglass, August 26, 2003, 10:28:57 AM

rustinglass

Some time ago my brother told me to listen to this album that he had ordered from the internet: Fairport Convention- Liege and Lief. now it's one of my favourite albums of all time.
The songs are so beautiful, passionate, violent and psychedelic at some points. The singer, Sandy Denny has a wonderful voice.

Anyone else a fan?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Mesh

Quote from: rustinglassSome time ago my brother told me to listen to this album that he had ordered from the internet: Fairport Convention- Liege and Lief. now it's one of my favourite albums of all time.
The songs are so beautiful, passionate, violent and psychedelic at some points. The singer, Sandy Denny has a wonderful voice.

Anyone else a fan?

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I'm an admirer.  I think I've only heard the one album I have on vinyl, and I do like it.

If you like Fairport Convention, check out Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, particularly the albums Spanish Dance Troupe and How I Long To Feel That Summer In My Heart.  Awesome, wacky Welsh band.  They're fantastic live.

rustinglass

thanks for the tip, and check out liege and lief. :wink:
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica