PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

Pozer

kind of annoying though I must say. I don't get it.

Ghostboy

That last shot had me laughing for like five minutes. Seriously. It cracked me the hell up. I loved the whole thing. So subtle...and then so over the top.

The Silver Bullet

Shame there be no small downloadable version for those of us with bad computers and crap connections...
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Satcho9

Fucking fantastic. It had me laughing for a while after. Gotta love the part where he is eaten by the couch. God damn, PTA should do a full blown comedy...

Sal

I loved what Adam did with his hands after his legs shot up like that..lol...

oakmanc234

Whoa, Sandler doing the 'retardo Sandler' thing in a PTA piece.

That was cool. Brief but cool (it is a short flick after all). I didn't get to hear it too well but loved the look.

Fave bit: Sandler's weird little dance reaction to the couch breaking (hehehehehehe)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Redlum

Yeah the kung-fu "stay back couch" was brilliant!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pubrick

weird.

i like that he screams like a crazy person.

it's clear that PTA has found the ultimate stoner buddy.
under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Pretty obvious it was a M. Hulot influence, but Sandler made it his own.  Awwww.   I thought it was a pretty funny skit.

For a second, I thought Sandler looked like Reed Rothchild.

Jeremy Blackman

Good God, he should make a whole movie just like that...

I second the Reed Rothchild thing. Maybe it was intentional..

Disco Stu

I'm a huge PTA fan but god damn that was lame!  Succumbing to a fart joke?
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

MrBurgerKing

yeah I thought that was horrible too. whaddya expect though?

children with angels

I absolutely loved it! Come on! It's only supposed to be a little funny thing...! Surely it made you laugh? I've watched it a bunch of times and the impeccable timing of it still makes me giggle like an idiot...!

Also: I don't think it was a fart joke - wasn't that just the sound of the leather sofa squeaking? Even if it was a fart: it still occured at such a weird time as to make it hardly a conventional fart joke. It's a subversive fart joke! It's the Godspeed You! Black Emperor of fart jokes...!
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: children with angelsAlso: I don't think it was a fart joke - wasn't that just the sound of the leather sofa squeaking? Even if it was a fart: it still occured at such a weird time as to make it hardly a conventional fart joke. It's a subversive fart joke! It's the Godspeed You! Black Emperor of fart jokes...!

Absolutely. Just like the car sound effects and chicken sound effects. Probably not meant to be taken literally. (or like you said, just exaggerated leather couch squeeks)..

godardian

Quote from: children with angelsIt's the Godspeed You! Black Emperor of fart jokes...!

I think that is the single most beautiful line I have read on this entire site since I've been here. Just about as funny as the short itself, which I liked. It had its charm. It really made want to know what PTA's next project will be.

And if maybe they'd consider including The Couch on the PDL DVD. It would make a swell extra. That's what it would exactly perfect for.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.