the killers

Started by Rudie Obias, June 15, 2004, 02:01:40 AM

Rudie Obias

thoughts?  opinions?
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sleuth

what are pitchfork's?
I like to hug dogs

classical gas

what are you guys talking about?

xerxes

i enjoy both snails and oysters

Rudie Obias

the killers are a band from las vegas, neveda but they sound like they're from london, england.  which explains why they're so popular in england.  they just came out with their first american release called "hot fuss".  it's good, i like to call them "interpol junior".  check them out if you like interpol, the strokes, franz ferdinand, new order or the smiths....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Thrindle

I've been listening to the Killers and I'm totally impressed with their sound.  It's like a mixture of alternative and 80's New Wave.  Sometimes their melodies sound like 60's inspired pop songs... but with heavy guitars.  It works.  Really cool mix.
Classic.

RegularKarate

Note to Interpol fans:  These bands sound almost NOTHING like eachother (in case you were about to run out and blind buy this cd based on that comparison).

It's like new wave remixed for the ninties... it's... eh

modage

i cant stand the singers voice.  and the music is just TOO retro (if there is such a thing) for me.  this is, of course, only judging from the one song.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Thrindle

The singer's "retro voice" is a selling point for me.  I'm tired of those whiney, sniveling, pseudo punk, teenagers that have been stuck in my radio.
Classic.

classical gas

is this the band that sing the 'heard you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend' (or visa versa)?  cause that song pisses me off when it comes on the radio.

meatwad

modage

Quote from: ThrindleThe singer's "retro voice" is a selling point for me.  I'm tired of those that have been stuck in my radio.
his voice isnt retro, its just covering up for his inability to sing.  the music is just too-neworder retro.  like, if you're going to be retro, atleast try to mix a few older bands to come up with a slightly 'new' old sound.  the chorus is also really really stupid.  
i'm tired of those whiney, sniveling, pseudo punk, teenagers also, but thats why i stopped (for the most part) listening to the radio years ago.  remember your options are not limited by what clear channel decides you should hear.  just because its better than most of the shit on the radio doesnt make it any good, its just good by comparison.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

yeah, this isn't really doing it for me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02the music is just too-neworder retro.

Wait, did you just compare them to New Order?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks