PT on The Henry Rollins Show

Started by noyes, April 28, 2006, 10:05:31 PM

RegularKarate

You sir, have won all the gratitude I have to give at this given moment.

Pozer

I swear I tried to get it up here for you guys from my tivo early on.  Had my little brother on it and all.  We just couldn't do it.  I so wanted to be the hero for once with this sort of thing.  Just know, that even though I failed, I invested an hour and a half of a Sunday for my xixax friends. 

God bless Cigarettes & Redvines.

MacGuffin

I can hear the sales of Penderecki CDs already.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

noyes

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 19, 2006, 12:38:31 AM
I can hear the sales of Penderecki CDs already.

I heard it back when Hail to the Thief was released.
I hear it now as well.. it's a little louder.
south america's my name.

why does he sounds sad? he sounds sad.

"i'd kind of been put off for a little while and was just tired and burned out and watching him [altman] work was sort of like this smack in the face "you don't get tired, you don't slow down, you go back to work" and it would be selfish to do anything else."

that, ladies and jellyspoons, is the pta i fell in love with.
context, context, context.

Gamblour.

Maybe he's not sad but just tired from being a father? Like physically, not tired of being.

Henry asks such great questions and he really is a fanboy at heart, he seems to be in the absolutely perfect mindset for these interviews. Every question for PTA was nails. When I was looking for a torrent of this, I accidentally d/l'd Bill Maher's appearance. Rollins asks such appropriate, thoughtful questions, his show is really great. Wish I got IFC.
WWPTAD?

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ordet

it was great! he´s mellow, nice and sincere. and that flair, it will always be there.
and henry, we really admire you man.

were spinning

Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 23, 2006, 03:46:53 AM
Imagine Henry Rollins cooking a grilled cheese.

on a motorcycle, naked.
context, context, context.

mogwai

i love how rollins says "penderecki" like he knows who the guy is. i just wish the interview was longer.

Pozer

And why wouldn't he know who he is?  Is he not musically intellectual enough or something?

mogwai

I Love a Magician

Quote from: cronopio on May 23, 2006, 11:50:23 AM
Quote from: I Love a Magician on May 23, 2006, 03:46:53 AM
Imagine Henry Rollins cooking a grilled cheese.

on a motorcycle, naked.

No. Anyone would look funny riding a motorcycle naked. It takes a certain something to look funny while cooking a grilled cheese. Henry Rollins has that something: That super intense, always deep in thought face that he's got.

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwai on May 23, 2006, 03:04:36 PM
that's what i just said.
i think that says more about you than rollins. the shining used a lot of his music, radiohead name drop him all the time. he is hardly an unknown, much less some exclusive property of the intellectual elite.
under the paving stones.