The Helio Sequence

Started by Gamblour., March 24, 2006, 02:33:16 PM

Gamblour.

Unfortunately overlooked band, it seems. Their first album Com Plex is super spacey and ambient and just beautiful. My favorite. Young Effectuals is a lot more like their live stuff. Same with Love and Distance, where they seem to have discovered the harmonica. It's still really really good, along the lines of Broken Social Scene and Mogwai.

And best of all, Pitchfork Media HATES them. so go give em a listen. I saw them live when they opened for Kings of Leon, and they rocked the fucking place. Just two guys going absolutely nuts. Then Secret Machines came on and uglied up the place.
WWPTAD?

squints

Didn't their drummer play for Modest Mouse on Good News?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Everyone Knows Everyone, a song very worth a download.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Seconded, one of my favorites. The lyrics are nice and reflective of some sort of suburban life.
WWPTAD?

Ravi

I've seen them a couple of times live, once when they opened for Modest Mouse.  Really good band, which consists of a drummer, guitarist, and a laptop.