The buildings in Annie Hall

Started by wollywood, January 29, 2006, 10:00:17 PM

wollywood

Can any film guru here remember the buildings appeared in Woody Allen's Annie Hall?
I'll be honest, I'm doing an essay on architecture themes of his couple of films. But I can't exactly remember any particular scenes on the buildings in NY city; ( the only scene I can remember is the St. Bernard's School in the west village, but it seems not what I want) ....
I'm a student from UK, don;t know NY's architecture too much, but most of guys here from US, so I'll appreciate it if anyone would like to help me.

SiliasRuby

I love the smell of a unneeded topic in the morning. Smells like....A redirect.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

pete

there are film gurus on this board?!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cine

there are NYC building experts on this board?!

wollywood

ooh, come on ,man! No more jokes, I need help, absolutley!
the essay suppose to explore how filmmaker use film as a medium to develop the conception of the architecture... (well maybe this question sounds too ambitious)
and my essay is trying to have comparsions of Match Point in London and Annie Hall in NY city....
did i really make any sense or nonsense here?
:doh:

hedwig

modage

Quote from: wollywood on January 29, 2006, 10:00:17 PM
Can any film guru here remember the buildings appeared in Woody Allen's Annie Hall?

Not to sound flippant, but I believe those are the Twin Towers.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

since when does xixax do people's homework for them?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Speaking of pubrick, does anyone know where is he now?  I haven't seen him on here for a while.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

wollywood

Quote from: Hedwig on January 30, 2006, 10:11:34 PM
absolute nonsense.
Hm, thanx for ur flattery! if you never think about such research question, just shut up!

Quote from: modage on January 30, 2006, 10:32:40 PM
Quote from: wollywood on January 29, 2006, 10:00:17 PM

Not to sound flippant, but I believe those are the Twin Towers.

Modage, Thank you for ur reminding this... well, we'll see what we can get from the essay...

Quote from: squints on January 30, 2006, 10:57:03 PM
didn't do it for me

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=7380.0

pubrick's advice worked out well
well, knowing is half battle.... huh, La-di-Da, La la....

Pubrick

hey knob, introduce yourself if you intend to stick around. otherwise go to one of those essays-for-sale sites.. start with "english, how to speak it", and go from there.
under the paving stones.

wollywood

Pubrick can see it, my first language is really not English. I've been using this forum for a  month, but it seems that the first post was really annoying, sorry about this...  I do intend to stick around and i'll go to 'introduce urself' saying hello there...

Reinhold

you may have been here for a month, but 4 out of your 5 posts are in your  "do my homework for me" thread. 
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

soixante

Why don't you use Hannah and Her Sisters rather than Annie Hall.  There's a scene in which Sam Waterston, who plays an architect, gives a tour of his favorite buildings.

Check imdb, which sometimes gives info about specific locations for films.

I would also go to the bookstore or library and look at books about New York architecture.  There are plenty of books about this subject.  Also, there are a few books about Woody Allen, you will probably find some good information there.

Then there's google.  Put in "architecture & Woody Allen films" and see what comes up.

I hope this is helpful.
Music is your best entertainment value.