MI:3

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:40:27 PM

RegularKarate

Seems like Carter Beats the Devil has been in the works forever.  I wonder if they'll ever actually make it.

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Light at the End of the Chunnel, about Middle Eastern immigrants trying to sneak into England.

:shock:

picolas

Quote from: MacGuffin
Of the 20 C/W projects in development, about a dozen are potential Cruise vehicles.

i hope they release all twelve Cruise-vehicles at once. that would make for some funny...

MacGuffin

Will Cruise Shoot Mission: Impossible 3 Next?

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith dismiss reports that Tom Cruise is set on shooting Mission: Impossible 3 next this fall.

Cruise is still shooting The Last Samurai, won't return home from filming the epic in New Zealand until mid-April and only then will deal with what he'll do next.

The duo add he'd like to make a film this fall, but as for whether it will be the third "Mission", apparently there is still no script for the project and no idea when there will be.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Recce

Quote from: MacGuffinWill Cruise Shoot Mission: Impossible 3 Next?

Columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith dismiss reports that Tom Cruise is set on shooting Mission: Impossible 3 next this fall.

Cruise is still shooting The Last Samurai, won't return home from filming the epic in New Zealand until mid-April and only then will deal with what he'll do next.

The duo add he'd like to make a film this fall, but as for whether it will be the third "Mission", apparently there is still no script for the project and no idea when there will be.

I'm not too thrilled with Fincher directing Mission Impossible 3, but if he has too, Cruise better be a part of it.  I don't think I'd be able to forgive Fincher if it was one of those crappy sequels with a different actor(or trilogy or whatever you call it).
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Tommy Both

Hope the Finch uses her for what's she's good at  :wink:

Pwaybloe

The rest of you wouldn't mind stepping out of the room for a minute, would you?

phil marlowe

Outside the room? What's outside the room? Do NOT tell me there is anything outside the room!!!

MacGuffin

Quote from: PawbloeThe rest of you wouldn't mind stepping out of the room for a minute, would you?

Sure. 20 seconds enough time?  :yabbse-cheesy:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Quote from: MacGuffin
Sure. 20 seconds enough time?  :yabbse-cheesy:

Plenty.

moonshiner

not to be melodramatic, but if Fincher does MI3 can we remove him from the list...especially following up that Panic Room effort.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Derek

According to Harry Knowles, Fincher is off MI:3 and Joe Carnahan, who directed NARC is on.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

MacGuffin

Paramount Pictures has tapped "Narc" director Joe Carnahan to helm action franchise "Mission: Impossible 3" following the withdrawal of David Fincher.

The studio is in negotiations with Carnahan over the third installment, to be produced by Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner with Cruise portraying agent Ethan Hunt.

Carnahan won strong notices for writing and directing "Narc", with Cruise and Wagner signing on as producers and helping to persuade Paramount to release the film. The enthusiasm over Carnahan's handling of the gritty cop thriller led to his recent attachment to helm the Paramount/DreamWorks co-production of "Killing Pablo", the tale of Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

Fincher had been attached to "Mission: Impossible 3" since early last year but recently committed to direct "The Lords of Dogtown", centering on the surf and skate culture that took root in the 1970s, for Sony.

Robert Towne remains attached to pen the script for "Mission: Impossible 3". Dean Georgaris, who penned the "Lara Croft" sequel, "Paycheck" and "The Manchurian Candidate" for Paramount, also has been mentioned as a likely scripting candidate recently.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Film Student

Quote from: MacGuffinParamount Pictures has tapped "Narc" director Joe Carnahan to helm action franchise "Mission: Impossible 3" following the withdrawal of David Fincher.

THANK CHRIST!

SO happy Fincher's off.... and even happier Carnahan's on.
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

ProgWRX

How is Carnahan's style? I have not seen NARC yet, so the only exposure ive had to him is the BMW film he made, which if i let myself judge from that, it will probably be like MI:2, since from what i saw in the BMW film the guy has a visual style similar to Woo. (maybe im completely wrong here, as i havent seen NARC so im not fully aware of Carnahan's abilities) So please give me some insight?  8)  I too would love to see a darker more serious MI film...
-Carlos