Panic Room

Started by Xixax, January 12, 2003, 08:39:29 PM

MacGuffin

Source: The Digital Bits

Columbia TriStar has been working on a new 3-disc Panic Room: Special Edition with the assistance of director David Fincher. We expect it to be officially announced in the next few weeks for release in early in the year (we're hearing March or April). The set is expected to include the film on Disc One in anamorphic widescreen (with audio in Dolby Digital 5.1), audio commentary with Jodie Foster, Dwight Yoakam and Forest Whitaker, and a second audio commentary with Fincher. Disc Two will feature an in-depth look at the pre-production and shooting of the film, including in-depth documentaries and multi-angle features. Finally, Disc Three will look at the post-production process, including editing, visual effects, sound design and more.

The disc was produced by David Prior, who hand-crafted Fox's awesome special edition of Fincher's Fight Club.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

....time to toss  that superbit......

picolas

pre-tossed mine by not buying it.

checkmate, Columbia TriStar.

modage

Columbia have today officially announced Panic Room: Special Edition which stars Jodie Foster. This new three disc release will be available to own from the 30th March for around $39.95. We're still waiting on confirmation of the technical specs, but we can tell you that the disc will include an audio commentary with Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker and Dwight Yoakam as well as an audio commentary with director David Fincher. Other extra material will include sequence breakdowns, visual effects featurettes and much more. We hope to have full disc specs and artwork later today, so stay tuned for that!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: themodernage02... the disc will include an audio commentary with Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker and Dwight Yoakam...

possibly the most bizarre grouping of ppl for a commentary. should be interesting, though.

MacGuffin

Further Details
This new special edition, three disc package will be available to own from the 30th March this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $39.95. Attached are the full disc specs below, along with a couple of package shots.

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
Audio Commentary by Director David Fincher
Audio Commentary with Jodie Foster, Forest Whitaker & Dwight Yoakam
Audio Commentary by Writer David Koepp & Special Guest
Six Featurettes on the Prep Phase from Previsualisation through Testing
Compare Storyboards, Dailies etc with Multiple Angles & Audio with Optional Commentary
Shooting Panic Room Documentary (One Hour)
Make-Up Effects Featurette with Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr.
Sequence Breakdowns on Four Seperate Scenes
Twenty One Documentaries & Featurettes on Visual Effects
On Sound Design with Ren Klyce Feature
Digital Intermediate & Other Featurettes on Post Production
Multi-Angle Look at the Scoring Session by Howard Shore
English, Spanish, French Subtitles
Plus a Few Surprises!

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

covers a little plain.  could be worse though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

billybrown

Quote from: themodernage02covers a little plain.  could be worse though.

A little plain?? It's practically moves into negative plain territory. At least the DVD is gonna be stacked.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinAudio Commentary by Writer David Koepp & Special Guest

....ohhhh sh*t..the last time this happened ......carrot top ..blessed us with his  pressence and thought provoking/intellectual anectdotes.......not again :splat:

edison

now there only needs to be a packed dvd of The Game

Ravi

This film wasn't that big of a hit to warrant a 3 disc set, was it?

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaviThis film wasn't that big of a hit to warrant a 3 disc set, was it?

Made almost triple of what "Fight Club" did.

Skeleton FilmWorks

analogzombie

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: RaviThis film wasn't that big of a hit to warrant a 3 disc set, was it?

Made almost triple of what "Fight Club" did.

but wasn't that due mainly to the momentum that Fight Club and its controversy created and not critical success?

I only saw Panic Room once, in the theater, but I remember feeling it was just ok. Maybe I should revisit it and see if my opinion is still the same.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: EEz28http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=4046&mode=&order=0&thold=

...damn that sh*t looks sweet........

***i  got a question???......this is columbia/tristar right......and black hawk down that was columbia tristar right?.....so i guesss for the $$$$$$$ making titles.....we could expect these 3disk sets to come out.....