WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

McfLy

Wow...graphic design, there's such a thing. Honest.

McfLy

Looks like its already made it's rounds. My bad. Perhaps it was meant to be posted a second time, this is truly one of the worst DVD covers I've ever laid my eyes on.

Thrindle

I was in the Blockbuster with my friends one time, and for some reason we laughed at this cover for about 15 minutes.  You know those late-night-over-caffeinated-sugar-high-movie-benders?  This was one of them.
Classic.

Ravi

MGM has produced some of the shittiest covers from a major studio.  I think Sony-MGM will continue this tradition, if the new 13 Going on 30 and Gattaca covers are to be believed.

What the hell is that supposed to be?  Has Nic Cage torn through some tarp?

hedwig

has Nic Cage torn through some tarp while wearing mascara?

modage

watch the movie to find out!

seriously, i have this movie.  its HILARIOUSLY cage-a-riffic!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

looks like han solo is having a seizure in the jedi cover.

MacGuffin

They're not that different than the posters:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fjodor

About the new covers: it looks like the only thing Han Solo can do is pointing a gun and look real nasty. And princess Leia on the third seems more as a promotion for Flesh Gordon or something. :ponder:

grand theft sparrow

Now that Lucas has taken the original trilogy away from the Black Marketeers, they can stay alive by mocking up DVD covers with the original artwork.

Ravi

This has pretty much everything to make a DVD cover look like crap.  Giant head, grid of thumbnails, critics' quotes...all it needs is a Lars von Trier peekaboo.

picolas

even though what you say is factually correct, i like that cover. it reminds me of pokemon but with people. and the information doesn't hide anything.

pete

Quote from: MacGuffin on May 18, 2006, 12:16:43 AM
They're not that different than the posters:

yeah they are.  the posters had nothing but cool poses.  the dvd boxes have floating heads and bad poses.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton