WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

72teeth

if you think the cover art is bad, you should see the movie...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

Quote from: Anarchist Lawyer on December 17, 2005, 02:53:05 PM
Whats up with all the "editions"
it's an attempt to make the movie look special.

-oh.

krusty: i'm a real person as a real person i've made humorous observations about real life. for example, have
you ever noticed how there are TWO phone books, a white one AND a yellow one? what's the deal with that!!

lisa: one's residential the other is business.

krusty: oh.. well, that makes sense. ..what will they think of next, BLUE PAGES?

marge: they have those, they're government listings.

krusty: i see..
under the paving stones.

Anonymous Joe

The "insert quote from the movie" editions have just been popping up latley. I'm waiting for the "ol in'out" edition of A Clockwork Orange.

polkablues

Quote from: Anarchist Lawyer on December 18, 2005, 09:01:23 PM
The "insert quote from the movie" editions have just been popping up latley. I'm waiting for the "ol in'out" edition of A Clockwork Orange.

Or the "Steers and Queers Edition" of Full Metal Jacket.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Anonymous Joe

pete

judging by the poster of "rumour has it" I predict the dvd cover to show up in this thread in a few months.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: pete on December 27, 2005, 10:05:53 PM
judging by the poster of "rumour has it" I predict the dvd cover to show up in this thread in a few months.

Sooner than a thread about the movie itself.

What the hell...

Ravi

"What the hell are these quotes doing here?"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I can't wait until the Magnolia "Suck My Dick" edition.

EDIT: Or the Brown Bunny one.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

haha that broken flowers cover...
"who the shit is bill murray?"
context, context, context.

Anonymous Joe

"great her quotes match my flowers..."

mogwai

i think he's saying...

"great, this house is advertising a movie which i star in."

penfold0101

What about:-

awful colour scheme, it looks like it was thrown together in 2 seconds.
it also appears they are using the fact the JLH stars in it as the biggest selling point! :doh:
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

godardian

For being so dumb-looking and utterly misleading about the film:

For falling so damn far short of the color/font/design bar set by Amelie:

...I won't waste "worst cover art" space by posting images here, but I'm really quite taken with the covers for Teorema and The 40-Year-Old Virgin.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Ravi

The UK cover for The 40 Year Old Virgin is not very good compared to the wonderful US artwork.  Tagline's funny though.