WORST COVER ART

Started by modage, May 20, 2003, 12:50:29 AM

Ravi

This is getting silly.

meatwad

got it from netflix today

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

A peelback of Nico laughing would make that cover better and worse at the same time.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: meatwadnico icon

I like that cover though.  

How's the film?  I'm a huge VU/Nico fan (not to mention Warhol).  I've read "Songs They Never Play On The Radio" (may not be exact title), the bio written by her keyboard guy from the 1970s...  what a strange life she had.

2LB
Body by Guinness

Rudie Obias

Quote from: RaviThis is getting silly.

dude, i laughed for a straight hour after see that!!  good job!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

mehico

how about bad photoshopping on covers? The long kiss goodnight (the one where geena davis' head isn't joined to her body) springs to mind. As does the human nature DVD cover with patricia Arquette's head put onto Brigitte Nielsen's body.
You are the son of incestuous union.

UncleJoey

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

Myxo

I love how everything has an unrated version these days..

There oughta be a disclaimer at the bottom.. "5 seconds of boobs flashed during Chapter 6!"

:lol:

bigperm

Safe As Milk

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

life_boy

Quote from: bigperm

Not only is that cover aesthetically horrible, but it makes no sense.  Where the hell are they, in a park?  Why are they so happy?  What city is that behind them?  It sure as hell doesn't look like Las Vegas, Reno, Anahiem or Salt Lake City...or fucking Willard, Utah for that matter.

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffinMy Left Foot

The Miramax Collector's Series covers are surprisingly ugly.

Ravi

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin
what the hell. that's hilariously off the mark. seriously, the sepia tone, the triple frame-within-a-frame, brenda fricker scoring a field goal, the notorious half-face looking slightly off camera. what the hell.
under the paving stones.