Living In Oblivion

Started by budgie, April 03, 2003, 10:42:31 AM

budgie

Just saw this. Mmmmmmmmmmmacguffin. Very funny.

Dermot Mulroney... is he as good in anything else? See he seems to have done a lot of crap.  :(

Ghostboy

This movie is so great...I need to see it again. There's that rule that indie filmmakers should NEVER make a movie about indie filmmaking, but this is a great exception.

Dermot Mulroney is great in About Schmidt and Lovely And Amazing.

phil marlowe

it's very very funny. the brad pitt personation and the lynch ripoff are priceless.

budgie

And I picked it up for a quid too!

That Brad take backs up my opinion that he is a mannered actor, so not only did I laugh out loud but I felt nicely smug. What a lovely afternoon!

MacGuffin

On the commentary track (awesome, by the way), DiCillo denies that the James Le Gros part is based on Pitt, and Pitt was, in fact, going to play the part until scheduling conflicts. DiCillo claims it was all LeGros' interpretation based on another actor from another film he was working on.

budgie, does the region 2 have the DiCillo and Steve Buscemi Q&A? 'Cause that's pretty funny too. Also, from what I remember, Mulroney was great in Longtime Companion.

Also good along the same lines of "Oblivion":
The Big Picture
And God Spoke
Swimming With Sharks
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinOn the commentary track (awesome, by the way), DiCillo denies that the James Le Gros part is based on Pitt, and Pitt was, in fact, going to play the part until scheduling conflicts. DiCillo claims it was all LeGros' interpretation based on another actor from another film he was working on.

budgie, does the region 2 have the DiCillo and Steve Buscemi Q&A? 'Cause that's pretty funny too. Also, from what I remember, Mulroney was great in Longtime Companion.

Also good along the same lines of "Oblivion":
The Big Picture
And God Spoke
Swimming With Sharks

Whatever, it still works beautifully as a piss-take! Pitt would have completely unbalanced it trying to be funny. That conflict might have been Interview, I guess, so thank God he couldn't do Living In Oblivion or I might have lost two great movies.

Sorry, dumpling, I have the video - DVD for a quid? I should be that lucky. I'm jealous now.

Thanks for the recommendations, haven't seen any of those.