Started by kotte, February 04, 2004, 11:54:51 AM

blueminded

ShanghaiOrange

Booker T and the MGs
Green Onions, motherfuckers!  :evil:

Uh...

Beethoven
Moonlight Sonata, motherfuckers!  :evil:

Sonic Youth is not an instrumental band.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Reed Rothchild

explosions in the sky is the best~
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Pedro

A silver Mt. Zion along with their other names im not bothering to write out right now.

also, jazz kicks some serious ass....john coltrane and lee morgan being two of my favorites.  get coltrane's blue train to hear the interplay of both of em.

Dirk

Mono
Giardini di Miro
godspeed you! black emperor
Boards of Canada
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

context, context, context.

Pubrick

ps. if there are lyrics, it is not instrumental.
under the paving stones.

freakerdude

Medeski, Martin, & Wood are a great funky jazz trio. These guys are young and not the jazz as one might think. They are kind of psychadelic at times while being funky or traditional on other songs. They are not for everyone but I happen to be a big fan of them. Download some of their studio work, Friday Afternoon, Shack Man, or Combustication, as their live stuff gets spacey.

Check out their cool website - MMW

Anyone remember a previous avatar for the one with the white backing?

MC Pee Pants

Weird. Oh

Early Day Miners, American football (neither are completely all instrumental)
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

Reinhold

Michael Sokolowski
Tim Reynolds

they do piano and guitar stuff with no lyrics with various artists. they even have some stuff together. all of it is simply fantastic.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

motherfucker

explosions in the sky can suck a dick, namely mine.

outhud
prefuse 73
savath & savalas

yall fight the power, yall.

bigperm

Quote from: mogwaiexplosions in the sky

exactly. I can not recommend this band enough. Both albums.
Safe As Milk

Gamblour.

Quote from: bigperm
Quote from: mogwaiexplosions in the sky

exactly. I can not recommend this band enough. Both albums.

I've been listening to The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place and I can't get enough of it. I was just bewildered at how a group of people starts to write this kind of music. Such great, airy stuff.
WWPTAD?

mogwai

nme.com/news

Godspeed You! Black Emperor quit over Iraq

Godspeed You Black Emperor have announced their split.

The Montreal post-rock innovators have called it a day, but not for the reasons of 'musical differences' cited by many retiring bands.

Instead, founder Efrin Menuck declared that the band had become untenable due to "an existential freakout" relating to the Iraq war.

Menuck told Drownedinsound: "The last American tour that Godspeed did was in the run up to the current war in Iraq. For what Godspeed did, it was very difficult for us to work out a way to communicate directly with the audience about what was going on."

He continued: "We could talk to people after the shows, or we could make announcements from the stage, but so much what Godspeed was, was one-way communication, and I had an existential freakout about that, that those tactics aren't valid anymore.

"People didn't need a rock band pointing in the direction of (how the world was at that point). Maybe what they needed is some clumsy words, a presentation that was a little more human."

But Menuck hinted that personal issues between the members also played a part in the decision to split: "On a personal level I now find (Godspeed) to be inappropriate. There's a complicated back story. I reached a point whereby I was no longer willing to contribute to the steering of the ship; it was like, 'Okay now, someone else point the direction, I love you all, but I need to ride shotgun for a while'. I think that bands do have a short shelf life."

Godspeed You Black Emperor formed in 1994 and released six albums and EPs, culminating in 2004's 'Tiny Little Hammers'. Since when they have been on 'indefinite hiatus'.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai on February 09, 2008, 09:29:57 AM
nme.com/news

Godspeed You! Black Emperor quit over Iraq

Godspeed You Black Emperor have announced their split.

The Montreal post-rock innovators have called it a day, but not for the reasons of 'musical differences' cited by many retiring bands.

Instead, founder Efrin Menuck declared that the band had become untenable due to "an existential freakout" relating to the Iraq war.

Menuck told Drownedinsound: "The last American tour that Godspeed did was in the run up to the current war in Iraq. For what Godspeed did, it was very difficult for us to work out a way to communicate directly with the audience about what was going on."

He continued: "We could talk to people after the shows, or we could make announcements from the stage, but so much what Godspeed was, was one-way communication, and I had an existential freakout about that, that those tactics aren't valid anymore.

"People didn't need a rock band pointing in the direction of (how the world was at that point). Maybe what they needed is some clumsy words, a presentation that was a little more human."

But Menuck hinted that personal issues between the members also played a part in the decision to split: "On a personal level I now find (Godspeed) to be inappropriate. There's a complicated back story. I reached a point whereby I was no longer willing to contribute to the steering of the ship; it was like, 'Okay now, someone else point the direction, I love you all, but I need to ride shotgun for a while'. I think that bands do have a short shelf life."

Godspeed You Black Emperor formed in 1994 and released six albums and EPs, culminating in 2004's 'Tiny Little Hammers'. Since when they have been on 'indefinite hiatus'.

This is not true by the way...