Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

ono

No, no, no Teeth.  He's not deserving of any sort of last rights.

Thank you for relieving us from that blight on this site.

Now I can continue reading the Master thread without having my head hurt at every turn of his inane ramblings and profound "findings" thefts from YouTube and IMDb.

Sleepless

Quote from: ono on September 12, 2012, 03:37:02 PM
No, no, no Teeth.  He's not deserving of any sort of last rights.

Thank you for relieving us from that blight on this site.

Now I can continue reading the entire site without having my head hurt at every turn of his inane ramblings and profound "findings" thefts from YouTube and IMDb.

At least he's in a better place now. Probably commenting "first" on every new Memebase post.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

^ That part made me crack up when I heard it on TV on the other night..

I liked Tyler and I still do, but I think the banning was good for everyone involved. I guess some newbs have a complex about 'making their mark' when they start out here and appearing like they fit in, but he was a bit overzealous in going for quantity over quality of his posts. We can usually forgive that of people who are just learning the ropes, but his defensive attitude is what fucked him in the end, always does. What every new member should know is that P is gonna call you on your shit and however you handle that will dictate your success in this place in the future. I feel bad for Pubrick always taking the brunt of the newb flamings, but I guess he's just the most mentally equipped to deal with it and lay down the law for them. I just went back and had to delete some utterly useless posts of mine. I know that I've been really annoying in the past, I was a much harder drinker and drugger back then, too. But I try not to step on anyone's toes or get at their throats and look where I am now. Still an ass, but an ass who gets to use THIS SITE.

So, yeah. I'm still in touch with Tyler and he's not really resentful about it. There's plenty other sites to pontificate about PTA, but everyone knows this is the best and I'm sure he'll be a little saddened when he see's 'The Master' tomorrow and doesn't get to come here and rant and rave about it, but he'll be all the wiser for it.

Anyways, I just had to clear the air about that because you all knew me and Ty were BFF's, but the real reason I came here was to inform the admins that there are two irreversible threads,

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=532.0

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=2015.0

One can be found in the search and the other can't, so just to make it a little more convenient for me, could you guys joins those two together? I'm gearing up my stomach to watch it again and I'm gonna fucking devour those threads.

ono

Changing subjects, with good reason:

Maybe make the Shoutbox available on the Recent Unread Topics page?  I visit that page more than the main page, and I can imagine there are a lot of other people who do as well.

Reel

Remember when the shoutbox was at the top of every SINGLE page? That was annoying as fuck, Polka. Good times

Pubrick

Quote from: Reelist on September 21, 2012, 03:50:21 AM
Remember when the shoutbox was at the top of every SINGLE page? That was annoying as fuck, Polka. Good times

I can remember something else that was annoying as fuck and on every single page, they were shit times, wish you'd shut up about it so I might have a chance to forget it ever existed.

Anyway I've merged the two irreversible threads.

And ono I'll look into it but I think we might be stuck with it as is.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono on September 21, 2012, 02:57:29 AM
Changing subjects, with good reason:

Maybe make the Shoutbox available on the Recent Unread Topics page?  I visit that page more than the main page, and I can imagine there are a lot of other people who do as well.

I just checked the shoutbox mod's settings, and it looks like it might be possible. We'd have to figure out if it's something most people want, though.

polkablues

Thy will be done.

If anyone has issues with it/doesn't want it there, speak up now, or forever deal with it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

:yabbse-thumbup:

I also use the "New Unread Posts" feature a lot, so I like this very much.

ono

Thank you very much.  :yabbse-thumbup:  And if someone happens not to like it there, they can just click that little "-" button at top right, and it'll be "minimized."

Sleepless

Any way it could be minimized by default instead and people who want to read it can click to maximize? Only reason is that there's been some times when (potentially) spoiler stuff for certain films/shows has found its way into the shoutbox which sucks for those of us who have made the point of trying to avoid the relevant threads.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

polkablues

Quote from: Sleepless on September 21, 2012, 02:12:34 PM
Any way it could be minimized by default instead and people who want to read it can click to maximize? Only reason is that there's been some times when (potentially) spoiler stuff for certain films/shows has found its way into the shoutbox which sucks for those of us who have made the point of trying to avoid the relevant threads.

Sleepless, I've been working on that exact issue for a while, with no success yet. I'm going to keep looking for an answer to that one, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sleepless