COME ON! COME ON! COME ON! COME ON!

Started by Xixax, August 09, 2003, 11:28:24 AM

Xixax

Love me today...
Love me tomorrow...

Amidst the hundred of grabs that rotate out on Xixax, the beauty of this still continues to catch my eye every time it appears.

Paul is a god.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Cecil

yes, i agree.

if this thread doesnt reach at least 9 pages, it will be an insult to pta, thy lord, and we will all have to kill ourselves to end the shame

filmcritic

Well, I'll help it reach 9 pages.

I love that one and also love the one that use to be the upper left corner Christmas one. Too bad it changed. Now it's "Mulholland Drive". Which is fine I guess. I also love the "Hard Eight" ones.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Find Your Magali

I am infamous in my workplace for my habit of breaking into song for no apparent reason, especially on deadline.

One of my favorite things to do, when it gets really hectic, is to just blurt out: "You got the touch! You got the power!"

Nobody ever gets it. ... Well, I take that back. Once, a woman looked at me with a straight face and asked: "Are you singing the Transformers song?"

Sigh.

atticus jones

Quote from: SickSacksLove me today...
Love me tomorrow...

Paul is a god.

try that shit on for size phuckin waingro
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

SoNowThen

9 pages indeed

I love the part where John comes in at the end, all out of tune, and does the "feel my hee-eeeeat..."
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

There are a lot of the banners that have made me go out and rent something....

....there are also a lot I find myself thingkin'..."The Hell is that from"...

banners....good stuff....maybe I will make a few myself....

ono

Quote from: aclockworkjjThere are a lot of the banners that have made me go out and rent something....

....there are also a lot I find myself thingkin'..."The Hell is that from"...

banners....good stuff....maybe I will make a few myself....
On that note, I think it would help those who are a bit more clueless if either the filenames reflected what movie they were from, or there was some alt text in the HTML for the image, or just maybe an inconspicuous little subtitle in the bottom left corner indicating the movie's title.

Me, I've always liked the Amelie one of her holding the spoon.  It seems to come up a lot for me, so it's the only one I can really think of off the top of my head.

aclockworkjj

Xixax

We could do that... If we started over.

There are some indie films in there, and some grabs from unreleased stuff that nobody would ever, ever be able to name.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SickSacksWe could do that... If we started over.

There are some indie films in there, and some grabs from unreleased stuff that nobody would ever, ever be able to name.

no need to change what works though ....I actually get a kick outta tryin' to figure out "what the fuck that is from".....yes, I live alone, and have too much time on my hands at times...

SoNowThen

okay, well while we're on the topic, I've always wondered what the one was that shows two teenage chicks, one brunette off to the background, and one cute blonde girl in the foreground....
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: SoNowThenokay, well while we're on the topic, I've always wondered what the one was that shows two teenage chicks, one brunette off to the background, and one cute blonde girl in the foreground....

my ideal apartment living situation.... :wink:

modage

Now touch me, baby
Can't you see that I am not afraid?
What was that promise that you made?
Why won't you tell me what she said?
What was that promise that you made?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Link

I love the PDL one with Barry carrying the pudding display.  The colors are great.  I also dig the Waking Life one with the floating man.