What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Stefen

Andrew Zimmern is cool, too. Yeah, so he eats dick. Big whoop. Bourdain is the man, though. I like how he's always talking about about Emeril, Rachel Ray and the rest of those choads that populate those shitty cooking channels.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 17, 2009, 05:04:39 PM
They can get rid of that bug eating guy.

my fifteen minutes of fame are over..
under the paving stones.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ono

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Bethie

Oh P. and too think i may not have even visited this topic. now it makes me wonder whats going on over in that video game thread. maybe i'm missing something.

ps I love Anthony Bourdain. He is so badass. didn't someone here recommend him to me? I dont watch his show but I now own all his books.. I even have his cookbook setting on top of my fridge. I don't cook so I never look at it, but it looks cool up there. I let my chef borrow Kitchen Confidential. Hes the type of guy that's like jealous of Bourdain. Seriously, as I was typing this my chef just text me, yes at almost 2am, to tell me he's on his way to the hospital. Bourdain would'nt go to the hospital.
who likes movies anyway

Stefen

Bourdain would clean his wound out with some goose grease, put his unattached appendage on some ice, drink a glass of scotch and water, wrap his wound in an old apron, and learn how to cut carrots with his left hand because he's the fucking man.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Bethie on September 18, 2009, 01:00:49 AM
now it makes me wonder whats going on over in that video game thread. maybe i'm missing something.

nope.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Quote from: Stefen on September 15, 2009, 02:30:11 PM
KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL

by some coincidence i'm reading this too right now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

Just finished reading:

Apparently, this was recently featured in an episode of Lost? I had no idea 'til I did a Google search. I bought it because of the cover, and the author's obsession with Louise Brooks. It's quite short (just over a hundred pages) and I thought it was a beautiful metaphor for cinema. Mmm.

Now reading:

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

Pubrick's new av is the bomb.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on September 18, 2009, 08:17:20 PM
Pubrick's new av is the bomb.

Have you finished reading it yet? I found it a bit puerile.