What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

and i found out recently that Air made an album called city reading, with this guy reading passages of the book while they play music.

context, context, context.

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: cronopio on November 18, 2007, 09:49:57 AM
and i found out recently that Air made an album called city reading, with this guy reading passages of the book while they play music.

Yeah, if only the readings weren't in Italian.

Some pretty cool Air music on that album though, a few decent ones.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: mogwai on November 18, 2007, 11:24:35 AM
Quote from: Chest Rockwell on November 15, 2007, 08:08:11 PM"the fright of real tears"

how is it?
Loving it so far. There's actually a section about the suture shot that has some ideas remarkably similar to a paper I wrote  :shock:. He still has yet to really mention Kieslowski. I love reading his criticisms. I've been going through it pretty slowly, but I'll post more when I finish if you'd like.

MacGuffin

She's winning me over in her interviews for Juno, so...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

^ i still remember her letterman appearance promoting that book. dave is so easily impressed, the stuff she was saying was not even shocking. she's a cool nerd, tho. cool in that she has nice legs, is funny, and chose to not take the easy way out and become a gimp in a dungeon/farm somewhere as part of some perveted sex game where she has to also milk cows.

at least not for the rest of her life.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Yeah, there's an interesting piece about her in the NY Times from Sunday.

I've started my long and arduous journey...I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblour. on December 03, 2007, 08:12:27 AM
I've started my long and arduous journey...I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone.

why?

are you trying to bang a 14 year old Julie Taymor fan?
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

This is for my own ill-read pleasure, trying to jump start my reading.

If I wanted to do that, I'd blow her mind with Donnie Darko or Memento, or something.
WWPTAD?

Chest Rockwell

last days of gerry the elephant

I hope to finish it in a couple of weeks.

The Perineum Falcon

Uhhh, I bought this at Goodwill for a dollar.

Any thoughts?
I'm only 50pages in and, while I am enjoying it so far, I'm beginning to feel that much of the writing is a bit extravagant, like an author too in love with his words. :ponder:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

Well, you paid the right price for it.  It's not a bad book, just terribly over-praised.  I spent the whole book thinking about how much better Vonnegut would have written it, had he written it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

A Matter Of Chance