Does Dakota Fanning piss you off? (child actor discussion)

Started by Stefen, July 05, 2005, 10:49:35 PM

Stefen

She doesn't piss me off yet, cause shes cute as a button. But i'm starting to lose interest so she will be in a lil bit. It's kind of sad all the adults that latch onto her and made her who she is. I bet she hates doing what shes doing. Probably wants to be a marine biologist or something. She seems to be in EVERYTHING.

How come there seems to always be 1 child actor to rule all? It's almost like there can't be more than 1 good child actor at a time. They're window is usually three years depending on when they hit pubery. Then another one, younger is found and we have to deal with them till puberty. Jodie Foster and Dunst may be the exception to this rule, seeing as how they were able to make it even after they grew up. Elijah Wood too, but he's Frodo and may never be anything more to the average person. Whatever happened to Haley Joel? Did he get pimples? He's probably in college now. What was I talking about?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

you were talking about how most 11 year olds want to be marine biologists and not hollywood actors.

Pubrick

i think chicks hav longer lasting power than young boy actors.

eg. dunst, olsens, johansson, trachtenberg,  barrymore, paquin, (up and coming) panettiere, and soon.. fanning.

if ur a young child actress, unless u get majorly into drugs or end up a real estate agent, u can totally hav a future in acting. it helps if u start on tv, grow up there, then move onto film when u can hold a young adult audience (which will then grow up and be ur adult audience). dudes however, well..

under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenJodie Foster and Dunst may be the exception to this rule, seeing as how they were able to make it even after they grew up. Elijah Wood too, but he's Frodo and may never be anything more to the average person.

Christian Bale?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinChristian Bale?
Definitely.  And Christina Ricci.
Classic.

Reinhold

gary coleman. eh? eh?

seriously, though... lohan's boobs have had a very successful post-child career so far.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

Dakota Fanning's not just an amazing actress for her age, she's an amazing actress for anyone's age.  Talent and focus that deep are going to carry her through long into adulthood.  I see her growing up and getting the roles that Jennifer Connelly and Naomi Watts are getting today.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkabluesthe roles that Jennifer Connelly and Naomi Watts are getting today.
and we all know what that means.. :yabbse-lipsrsealed:
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: Lucid on October 06, 2006, 11:09:29 PM
"Whale Rider" Kid Star Preggers

Let's hope she's taking home ec this semester.

Oscar-nominated actress Keisha Castle-Hughes, 16, is reportedly expecting a child with her boyfriend of three years, Bradley Hull, 19.

The Whale Rider star is due this spring with what will be her first child, according to People. There's no word yet on the sex of the baby.

Castle-Hughes reportedly began dating Hull three years ago--but for what it's worth, she has already lived quite an accelerated decade and a half.

In 2002, at just 12 years old, she made her acting debut in the art-house hit Whale Rider, a big screen adaptation of a Maori legend following a girl who worked against the gender conventions of her tribe to fulfill her destiny as chief.

The following year, Castle-Hughes was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar at the tender age of 13, becoming the youngest person in Academy history to receive a nomination in the category.

Earlier that same year, the New Zealand native began dating Hull, whom she met while attending high school. At the time he told Australia's Age newspaper that he didn't attend the Oscar ceremony because "her people don't want me there."

"Maybe it's the age thing," the then-17-year-old said of his then-14-year-old girlfriend. "And she's real mature for her age--sometimes it's like she's 30."

Castle-Hughes will likely take some postpartum time off. But in the meantime, the actress, who most recently appeared as the Queen of Naboo in last year's Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, has got several films to promote.

She recently finished filming Nativity for New Line, where she will star as young mother Mary in the story of the birth of Jesus. Call it a trial run.

Castle-Hughes stars opposite 24's Shohreh Aghdashloo, who plays Elizabeth, Mary's mother, in the film, due out in time for Christmas.

She's also set to star alongside fellow Down Under native Toni Collette in Hey, Hey, It's Esther Blueberger, a coming-of-age story centering on a 13-year-old girl who tries to fit into both posh private and run-of-the-mill public schools.

Shooting hopefully starts soon.

Hmm.

My first reaction was, "QUOI??  NON!!"  But now I don't feel like it's so bad.  As long as she really feels good about the baby, that is.  I just don't think she's in the position where having a baby will ruin her life.  If the father's a good man and sticks by her, and if she's got family support, then I don't really see why this shouldn't be cause for smiles all around.  In this case.

That Hey, Hey movie is fucked, though.

MacGuffin

Dakota Fanning fronts 'Runaways'
Kristen Stewart set to play Joan Jett in film
Source: Variety

Dakota Fanning is negotiating to play lead singer Cheri Currie in "The Runaways," the biopic of the '70s all-girl band that already has "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart playing Joan Jett.

Scripted and directed by Floria Sigismondi, the film begins production in late spring.

At 15, Fanning is the same age Currie was when she made her debut with the Runaways as the lead singer who belted out hard-edged tunes like "Cherry Bomb." Currie became caught up in drugs and a hard-partying lifestyle.

John and Art Linson are producing with River Road Entertainment's Bill Pohlad, with Jett serving as exec producer.

Fanning, who most recently starred in "The Secret Life of Bees" and "Push," and voiced "Coraline," is also booked to play a vampire in the "Twilight" sequel "New Moon."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

private witt

Could Natalie Portman's career be considered successful?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Fernando

well, what's successful to you?

there can be a lot of levels of success, like:

- if an actor gets steady work and is well paid, that's successful
- if you have worked with directors like milos forman, woody allen, wong kar wai, wes anderson, mike nichols, minghella, tim burton, luc besson, m. mann (in a very small role)...that's success in my book
- if you keep getting good roles and work with interesting ppl like jim sheridan, that's successful

so it all depends how you see it really, but i think there's no question about it, she really is successful, and on top of that she has the movie star charisma without the scandals (so far) which is great.

private witt

Trouble is that all her performances as an adult pale to her as a child.  So I guess if you're measuring success purely on knowing famous people and making money, sure, she's got it made.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks