Benicio Del Toro

Started by Subotai, April 30, 2003, 12:15:40 AM

Subotai

This Puerto Rican sure knows how to act.  Comments on your favorite Del Toro film

xerxes

Satcho9

fear and loathing; without a doubt

dufresne

i'm really looking forward to Alejandro González Iñárritu's (Amores Perros) 21 Grams.
There are shadows in life, baby.

phil marlowe

i think hes a little bit too hyped. i havent seen alot of his movies but hes great in traffic. apart from that ive only seen fear and loathing where he was okay and the pledge where i thought he was real fucking bad. actors who get noticed at the oscars allway get those retard roles. brad pitt sucked in 12 monkeys, so did russel crowe in a beautiful mind.

chainsmoking insomniac

Interesting retard opinion, Phil lol
Off the subject for a sec, I thought Russell Crowe was great in A Beautiful Mind and how can we forget Romper Stomper......

Anyway, del Toro was great in Traffic and funny as hell in Fear and Loathing, though Fear and Loathing didn't provide him with the most demanding role.....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

cachilders

Quote from: BILLYBROWNThis Puerto Rican sure knows how to act.  Comments on your favorite Del Toro film

He'll flip you, flip you for real.

With the exception of Excess Baggage, he's consistently good. Traffic showed that he had more than gimmick under the hood and Way of the Gun showed that he was more intelligable than Ryan Phillippe.
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my
dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a
straight razor, and surviving.

Sigur Rós

I've actually always liked him as an actor. Though I never thought he was something really special. He's got his own style, unlike many other hollywoodstars. He always gets the parts where he can act cool and just mumble his lines.  :-D Which is great!

Great performances include:

Snatch
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Fan
The Usual Suspects
Traffic

dufresne

Quote from: cachildersand Way of the Gun showed that he was more intelligable than Ryan Phillippe.

lol

:-D
There are shadows in life, baby.

Ernie

Yes, it's true...despite his racial handicap, the man can act.  :wink:

Seriously though, he's a cool guy and a great actor. He only disappointed me once with The Usual Suspects...but then, I guess it wasn't really his fault necessarily. He wasn't the only dissapointment w/ that film...I think I've already mention how much I hate it.

ShanghaiOrange

Benicio Del Toro is Spanish for Benicio Of The Bull.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: ebeaman69Yes, it's true...despite his racial handicap, the man can act.  :wink:

Seriously though, he's a cool guy and a great actor. He only disappointed me once with The Usual Suspects...but then, I guess it wasn't really his fault necessarily. He wasn't the only dissapointment w/ that film...I think I've already mention how much I hate it.

You know man, I liked you....up until now.  And now I have to slice your head off.  :twisted:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pozer

true, that was a horrible comment

although he's genius in every role, big or small, haveta go with traffic

but his best role is definately still to come

xerxes

Quote from: ebeaman69Yes, it's true...despite his racial handicap, the man can act.  :wink:

what the hell man???

cowboykurtis

Quote from: xerxes

what the hell man???

he hates black keys on a piano
...your excuses are your own...