Brother Bear

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2003, 03:10:42 PM

MacGuffin

Release Date Note: This movie was originally scheduled for the summer of 2004, but was bumped up several months when Home on the Range (which had been scheduled for November, 2003) was sent back to the drawing boards for reworking of the script and animation. The original 2003 release date was November 7th, which would have put it just two days after The Matrix: Revolutions. Now, Disney has decided to start two weeks earlier in just New York and Los Angeles, followed by a fairly unusual Saturday release date on November 1st (to avoid conflicting with Halloween night).

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix (Kenai), Jeremy Suarez (Koda), Rick Moranis (Tuke the Moose), Dave Thomas (Ruke the Moose); other voice cast not announced yet. I would expect Disney will also be seeking Native American actors for some roles.

Director: Aaron Blaise, Bob Walker (debuts)

Music: Phil Collins (returning to Disney, a follow-up to Tarzan)

Screenwriter: Steve Bencich and Ron J. Friedman (cowriters of the 1994 independent film, "The Best Movie Ever Made").

Trailer here
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

soylent greenish

DISNEY !
my fucking god ... they cant get anything right
cant wait for brother bear 2 coming straight to video and DISNEY DVD coming summer 2004.

WALT is fucking pissed off i bet

modage

poor brother bear.  saw this tonite as part of my INJUN double feature (see also: The Missing).  i guess i'm the only person here who did, but it wasnt very good.  god, Disney get your shit together!!!  and i'm not someone who hates disney, or hates new disney or anything like that, but this just was so blah.  it was very boring for the first 20 minutes or so till he turned into a bear and then it was managable.  the phil collins songs were so awful though and just stuck out horribly.  the first 4 minutes of film had a damn 5  minute song crammed in there.  sheez.  umm i have been probably to all the opening weekends of every disney animated movie for the past five years and there have been hits and misses.  i loved Tarzan, Lilo And Stitch, The Emperors New Groove, liked Atlantis, thought Treasure Planet was heavily flawed but still okay but this just seems like they threw up their arms and just went "whatever".  from the trailers i had really no interest whatsoever in seeing hte movie, (other than its a feature length animated movie and i went to school for animation), so i decided to go tonite out of boredom. i wouldnt recommend it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Quote from: themodernage02the phil collins songs were so awful though and just stuck out horribly.

This reminds me of Elvis Costello Secrets on Conan (paraphrased):

"I write a lot of songs.  I record the great ones, sell the good ones, and give the rest to Phil Collins."