I got the PDL DVD - The definitive thread

Started by aurora, June 19, 2003, 04:50:16 AM

sphinx

just remember that even if there was a commentary, pt would never discuss the meaning of the movie or certain things in it...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinxjust remember that even if there was a commentary, pt would never discuss the meaning of the movie or certain things in it...

Yeah.. he would probably just give behind the scenes antecdotes... but maybe he doesn't want to do the commentary because he'll be tempted to splurge secrets, and the whole thing will just be nervous sidestepping...

Derek

Quote from: sphinxjust remember that even if there was a commentary, pt would never discuss the meaning of the movie or certain things in it...

Maybe you're more in the loop than I, but I seem to remember a time when he wanted to be clear about his intentions and didn't like leaving things open to interpretation.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

sphinx

well, he's not going to go out and say 'the harmonium represents such and such', right?  it's letting the movie speak for itself...different than a movie like boogie nights, where there aren't as many hidden ideas with more of a straightforward narrative

Disco Stu

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooobut sadly PDL was in the back area, in the comedy section... So I grabbed like a stack of PDL dvds and put them on a front display...

You actually moved a store's product?  That is rather lame my friend.
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

chainsmoking insomniac

Hardly, Disco.  He's doing his part for the Movement!  Viva la PTA!  :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

SHAFTR

This bothers me...
When Barry goes and sees Dean in Utah...how does Dean know it is Barry?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Newtron

Jeremy Blackman

picolas

SHAFTR

"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

markums2k

How could he NOT know.  That's the question.  :shock:

I got it over the weekend.  Did anyone else find that one deleted scene with the kid really, REALLY disturbing?  "...I just wanna cave his fucking head in..."  I mean, I was laughing histerically, but still.  

Another highlight for me was when Barry tips the shopping cart and tries to scoop the pudding in off the shelf... that was great.

Anyways, I did the random deal on the bonus disc.  The "computer" saved the Mattress Man commercial until the very end... hilarious stuff.  Wow.

markums2k

After watching everything, I went over to pta.com and listened to The Treatment interview.  It somewhat satisfied my desire for commentary.  I think I just wanted to hear Paul's voice.

Yes.  You should be frightened.  :roll:

Banky