AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN IS A GENIUS?

Started by Xeditor, January 18, 2003, 12:34:03 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Fernando

1- The title is 'Intimidation Game'.

oh my....... :? ..what a cheesy title..sounds like the sequel to war games

Gloria

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Chris Nolan Adapting Comic Book The Exec
Source: Variety

Warner Bros. will turn the Doug Miers cult comic book The Exec into a dramatic vehicle for Christopher Nolan to direct. Nolan's brother Jonathan will write the script.

The comic is a slightly futuristic look at a society where corporations govern and business is waged like warfare. Jonathan Nolan will begin scripting immediately as Christopher works on prepping Batman: Intimidation Game at Warner Bros. with Christian Bale in the starring role.

"It has the elements of the tension Chris created in 'Memento' and 'Insomnia,' but it is also a major-sized film, and it will be useful for Chris and Emma to apply the lessons they are learning in mounting the Batman film," producer David Heyman (the "Harry Potter" films) said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Wouldn't it be more comforting to hear them say that Chris and Emma will apply the lessons they are learning in mounting The Exec to the a future Batman film?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffinThe comic is a slightly futuristic look at a society where corporations govern and business is waged like warfare.

Jeez, can you find a more heavier storyline symbolism wise? This is getting pathetic. Let's hope the final work isn't as popcorn in high art.

~rougerum

polkablues

Between this and Ed Norton's "The Illusionist", 2006 should be a banner year for movies about magicians.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin"I can't really talk about it other than to say that we are talking about doing a sequel right now," he says. "David [Goyer] and I have been talking about where we're taking the characters. ... We know what we're doing and we're pretty excited about it, but it's still very early. I'm actually making another film first that I'm just in preproduction on, so it's a bit of a ways off."
christopher nolan, learn to speak.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Nolan Near Deal to Direct The Prisoner

Universal Pictures is near a deal for Christopher Nolan to direct a feature version of TV series classic The Prisoner, reports Variety. Janet and David Peoples are set to write the script. Scott Stuber, Mary Parent, Barry Mendel and Emma Thomas will produce.

The series lasted only 17 episodes in 1967. Patrick McGoohan played a government agent who resigns, is kidnapped and placed on an isolated island known as the Village. He's given a new identity -- Number Six -- and interacts with an island staff trying to get him to reveal why he resigned.

The trade says the plan is for Nolan to direct a contemporized transformation after he completes The Dark Knight, the Batman Begins sequel that begins production early next year at Warner Bros.

Janet and David Peoples wrote Twelve Monkeys together, and David Peoples co-wrote Blade Runner. Nolan's next film is The Prestige, opening in October.

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

ADMIN EDIT: Merged from superfluous thread

I don't know if this should be in the dvd section but whatever.

I can buy Chris Nolan's first feature "Following" for $5.99 (cdn) without any features or anything and I was wondering if it's any good. For the synopsis on the back of the case it just went on and on about how good Memento is so I don't really know what it's about other than it's about a guy who follows people but has a set of rules o go along with that.

What are your thoughts on the film? Would you recomend buying it even though it comes with no features? etc. etc.

BTW- I'm really suprised there are no threads about Chris Nolan on here. Either that or my eyes are decieving me.

Ravi

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on August 30, 2006, 02:39:29 PM
BTW- I'm really suprised there are no threads about Chris Nolan on here. Either that or my eyes are decieving me.

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=189.0

Also, please introduce yourself here.

MacGuffin

Christopher Nolan inks 'Inception'
Sets up original screenplay at Warner Bros.
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Christopher Nolan has set up his next project with Warner Bros., an original screenplay he wrote called "Inception." The "Dark Knight" director hopes to shoot the sci-fi action film in the summer for a release during summer 2010.

Nolan will produce with partner Emma Thomas, who served as a producer on "The Dark Knight."

"Chris Nolan is a visionary filmmaker who continually raises the bar with each movie he makes," Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov said. "We are thrilled to be collaborating again with him and Emma on this exciting new motion picture."

Given the billion-dollar bonanza Nolan delivered with "Knight," one would suppose a treatment based on some poems he wrote in his fifth-grade journal would have gotten the green light. The writer-director-producer has done well by the studio, with "Insomnia," "Batman Begins" and "The Prestige" bringing in close to half a billion in additional theatrical revenue.

"Inception" is described as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."

This pushes back any potential filming on a new Batman film, but three years -- and "The Prestige" -- passed between "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight." Nolan has also long been attached to direct a big-screen adaptation of the British TV series "The Prisoner" for producer Scott Stuber at Universal.

The CAA-repped Nolan wrote the screenplays for "Memento," based on a short story written by his brother, Jonathan, and "Following," his debut feature in 1998. The only directing project he hasn't written is "Insomnia," his 2002 remake of the Norwegian thriller.

He and Jonathan (with story credit) earned Golden Globe and Oscar nominations for their "Memento" script, which won an Independent Spirit Award for best screenplay and the Waldo Salt Screenwriting Award at Sundance in 2001. Their "Dark Knight" screenplay earned a WGA Award nomination this year for best adapted screenplay (with David S. Goyer).

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Leo DiCaprio to star in 'Inception'
Christopher Nolan to direct sci-fi film for WB

Leonardo DiCaprio will star in "Inception," the science-fiction film that Christopher Nolan ("The Dark Knight") wrote and will direct as his next pic at Warner Bros.

The project shoots this year and is slated to be released in summer 2010, with Nolan and Emma Thomas producing. DiCaprio's deal is in final negotiations.

Script has been kept under wraps but the studio calls it a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

DiCaprio, coming off "Revolutionary Road" and "Body of Lies," will next be seen starring in the Martin Scorsese-directed "Shutter Island" at Paramount.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Three circle Nolan's 'Inception'
Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy in talks
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Warner Bros. is in talks with Ellen Page, Marion Cotillard and Cillian Murphy to join the cast of "Inception," Christopher Nolan's latest project which stars Leonardo DiCaprio.

In keeping with most things associated with Nolan's project, a veil of secrecy exists over loglines, althought it is described as a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within "the architecture of the mind."

However, as the casting process progresses, details are beginning to leak out. DiCaprio's character is mentioned as a CEO-type, while Cotillard would play his wife. Page is a young college grad student and DiCaprio's sidekick.

James Franco was in talks to join the project but had to bow out due to a scheduling conflict with Universal's comedy "Your Highness." Nolan and the studio are aiming for a summer shoot ahead of a 2010 release

Nolan and Emma Thomas are producing via their Warners-based Syncopy Films shingle.

Oscar winner Cotillard, repped by CAA, appears in this summer's Michael Mann movie "Public Enemies" and later this year in Rob Marshall's "Nine."

Page, repped by Endeavor and Via Entertainment, next stars in Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, "Whip It!"

Murphy worked with Nolan in both of the director's Batman movies, portraying the villain Scarecrow.

Skeleton FilmWorks